Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I just tried a Lychee berry and it was good!
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 11, 2007 07:08PM

Their prehistoric look has always intrigued me. I pierced the skin, which then came off easily, and on the inside the texture was like a peeled grape, and the flavor was sweet and vaguely floral/berry, kind of light & exotic, it was very good.

I've always wanted to try one, I don't why I'm sometimes afraid to buy fruits I've never tried before but I'm glad I did, it was quite tasty!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I just tried a Lychee berry and it was good!
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 11, 2007 07:14PM

I hope it was bright or deep red, like they're supposed to be. I think they're probably often brown when they're sold in places where they're not grown, and that's too bad, because then they're just too old to taste as good as they taste when they're fresh.

There's nothing like a bright red beautiful sweet juicy lychee! Good for you for trying something new!

Posted by: Jose ()
Date: June 11, 2007 11:16PM

Yeah, I had some a few weeks back and they're great! Such a strange fruit don't you think?

Cheers,
J

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 11, 2007 11:21PM

hey there i tried them recently and didn't care for them..but mine were more brown..so maybe that was it..thanks suncload smiling smiley
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: June 11, 2007 11:42PM

Hi Earthangel,

I just posted to you about that on our 7 - Week Trial thread! Funny. Well who needs the internet. We'll just mind travel!

Too bad you got brown ones. They must have been picked green too if they got brown without turning rotten. Fresh picked lychees are usually rotten by the time they turn brown.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2007 11:44PM by suncloud.

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: June 12, 2007 01:05AM

Hi All, I have never had lychee berries or banitos, but after hearing about how yummie they are I am anxious to try them. I've seen the banitos at Wild Oats but what does a lychee look like?

Today I saw a yellowish/greenish hard skinned fruit that was oval in shape and had little "spikes" (for lack of a better word). Kind of reminded me of a dinosaur. (can you tell I read a lot of Dino books to my 4 yr old Grandson?)LOL It was about the size of a med.tomato. I was going to get it, but it wasn't organic so I passed. Anyone know what this is and tastes like?

Sounds as though everyone is making strides on this journey. It's so helpful to hear how everyone is doing. I hope Khale keeps this thread going.

Have a nice evening,

Joan

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 12, 2007 02:15AM

are lychee berries the same as lychee nuts ? the lychee nuts seemed kinda like grapes to me .. in taste but sweeter smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: June 12, 2007 02:37AM

I think my mother told me once that the lychee nuts are dried lychees. I don't know that for sure though.

I've never heard the fresh fruit referred to as "lychee nuts", but maybe it depends on where you live.

Hey Miss Joan, smiling smiley, I think maybe you're on the wrong thread since you mentioned you hope Khale keeps it going.

I wonder if what you saw was a rambutan. There's a red fruit with spikes called a rambutan, and sometimes it's also yellow.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2007 02:47AM by suncloud.

Posted by: Miss Joan ()
Date: June 12, 2007 12:57PM

Suncloud: OOPS! Thx. I read message boards all over the place and guess I posted on the wrong one.

Thx for the name of that weird looking fruit. I'm going to WF tomorrow so I'll see if they have them and also lychee berries.

Have a great day!

Joan

Posted by: Forrest ()
Date: June 12, 2007 08:18PM

Next you need to try Longans and Jaboticabas. They are similar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables