Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My period and Monthly cravings
Posted by: rainbowgrl ()
Date: June 12, 2007 08:59PM

I know some dude knows the answer to this- just becuase the world is wierd!

But why do I get cooked cravings near my period? What I can eat to satisfy them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My period and Monthly cravings
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: June 13, 2007 12:13AM

RG, If you've been giving into the temptation, then, maybe it's just conditioning. The other thing is that the cooked may be going through your system to be released and therefore the cravings. I've heard of people smelling certain cooked food when they are releasing it.

As to what will satisfy your cravings, what in particular are you craving? If it's chocolate, raw chocolate (although I wouldn't do this any longer) should satisfy it. For me pre-raw, chocolate or sweets were what I craved. After raw, I have the same symptoms but not the same cravings. I do seem to eat more around that time but that doesn't mean that it has to be cooked. I just go through a lot of food very quickly--like a starved teenager with a bottomless pit for a stomach.

If it's something salty, eat something raw salty, etc.

Anyhow, I look forward to the day when I remain fertile and have no periods.

Good luck.
Therese

Posted by: tamu ()
Date: June 13, 2007 11:37PM

I don't know why you get cooked cravings....but i can share with you that i eat a lot more before my period....it feels like craving although not for anything specific, just heavier food, like brazils, coconut, raw choc....the rest of the month i'm not so bothered.
Like therese says, there's bound to be a raw food you can substitute for the cooked food cravings you are having.
i'd be interested what people think about why these cravings occur.....i don't think i've always had them....

~~~~~~~~~~
[www.therawkitchen.blogspot.com]

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: June 14, 2007 09:24AM

i once heard that due to the fact that our body is essentially preparing to get pregnant and that before food was so abundant and easy to come by as it is now, our cavewoman ancestors needed to gain alot more weight in order to support the fetus. so the cravings are a way of your body thinking it needs to gain weight for pregnancy.

it makes sense to me but i cant remember where i heard this. so i dont have a scientific reference.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 15, 2007 10:08PM

My opinion is that the body uses the menstrual cycle to eliminate toxins. This is probably why so many women have fibroids and cysts and tumors and other growths in the uterus. But it makes sense to move the toxins to the uterus,and when the period happens, these toxins are eliminated. This probably also helps explain why women live longer than men.

In any case, if the body is detoxing itself during this period, the chemicals that were in some of the foods you ate over the last month may be in your bloodstream. This will translated to a desire or craving for those foods.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables