Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw with husband and children
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: June 15, 2007 03:14AM

hi again! you are going to be sooo sick of me!! have any of you managed to go raw with a family that's not? they aren't against it, they just don't wanna play. if so, any tips?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw with husband and children
Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: June 15, 2007 04:39PM

Hello! I have only been raw for 11 days now.. my kids one of them wants to go raw with me, the other one wont touch anything living at all.. sad smiley My husband wants to eat healthier but he teases me by saying things like, "Can't you eat raw eggs? That is raw!?" He is a carnivore, I was a vegitarian for 5 yrs until I met him.. *sighs*
I am doing really well and determined to overcome any obstacles that will come.
I think my biggest problem will be my spiritual study group potlucks.. my friends there will poke, prod I tease me to no end lol.

But anyway, I cook a regular dinner for my family, and eat my salad or whatever with them.. I think after being on raw for awhile, I will start transitioning some of thier foods to raw.. Make the kids eat fruits & veggies as opposed to chips & cookies. With the raw recipies I have found, I can make raw cookies & cakes and they might not even realize there is a difference!!

Posted by: happyvegan ()
Date: June 15, 2007 06:25PM

I've been 85-100% raw for 2 months, 100% for the past two weeks. My kids and husband are very open to it, but then again, my kids are lifelong vegans and my husband is a vegan of nearly 7 years so they are used to eating healthy, whole foods. My kids in particular, eat at *least* 50% raw anyways because they love fruit, avocadoes, and raw nut butters and have always eaten lots of them.

They also love the raw "desserts" such as pies and cookies, and often when my husband is working I'll make a pie with a date-nut crust and blended fruit (strawberries, mangoes, banana/pineapple/coconut, etc) for dinner for my kids and myself. They are also love all raw nuts and nut butters, every kind of fruit and most raw veggies, smoothies, tahini "cheese", nori "burritoes" and things like that. I've had the most success with the recipes in The Garden Diet ebooks. My husband loves everything I make from those books, and never complains if I want him to eat raw meals with me.

But of course, my kids and husband like cooked foods too, mainly bread and beans. I've made my own bread and tortillas for years (from organic whole wheat berries I grind myself) so at least if they're eating it, they're eating the healthiest cooked bread they can possibly be eating, and the beans...well, if I sprout beans they'll happily eat them (they love sprouted hummus), but if there are no sprouts they eat cooked ones, such as on bean burritos. In that case, I just make sure they get their raw stuff by piling on lots of romaine, tomatoes, avocadoes, etc.

For good quickie raw desserts that everyone will love, throw dates, coconut, raw nuts, and honey or agave in the food processor until clumpy. Roll into balls or cookie shapes. Experiment with various dried fruits, nuts, and cocoa powder/nibs. I've made the best "almond joy" candy that way!

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: June 16, 2007 06:53PM

i find as long as i share and interact w/ my husband on the raw diet, he's come to eat more and more like me. i make something delicious, he likes it, then he requests it, and we find ourselves making the same foods for each other.

but i also try to not make a huge deal out of NOT eating his foods when there is meat or other stuff involved. he only eats it once a week, and he is always pushing others toward eating more raw, so i have to say, as long as he's supportive, i'm not going to force the issue. and i hope he falls over onto my side before he knows it!

peace-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables