Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: even my open-to-raw friends are skeptical.
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: June 25, 2007 07:20PM

Aquadecoco,
I live in whatcom county in Western washington state. Seattle and vancouver canada are not far away, so one would think some of that culture would spread out around here. One of my neighbors moved up from Santa Barbara california. All she said was that housing was cheap, another person from california said that it was a great place to raise children. Thats fine and all, but I really was hoping that people would move to the location because of the natural beauty. Both seem to want to see expansion where they put in lots of streetlights, mini malls. I really like the quiet, and the LACK of street lights, I really would like to have it stay that way. Foodwise the county is about 50 years behind the times, and unfortunately I would say that it shows. The average person here almost exclusively eats cooked processed foods, heavy meats, cheese, ultra caffeinated, ultra sugar. Whatcom county is supposed to be the major supplier of berries for the United states, and actually for much of the world. But apparently that doesn't mean heightened awareness of the health benefits of eating fresh berries!

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables