Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

eating fruit seeds
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: June 26, 2007 01:21PM

does anyone eat papaya (paw-paw) seeds? I tried them a few times but thought they were pretty yuck...
i eat apple and pear seeds in smoothies, not orange seeds or melon, maybe i should!?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: eating fruit seeds
Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: June 26, 2007 04:29PM

Yes, but only a few becasue I don't like the taste! See my reply in this thread (and the rest of the thread): [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: m ()
Date: June 26, 2007 05:34PM

i eat watermelon seeds with my watermelon!

yummy!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 26, 2007 10:26PM

Rosemary, your post reminded me of something kind of funny.

When our cat was still alive, he used to LOVE papaya seeds! He'd come after us every time we'd cut open a papaya. He didn't like the flesh or the skin - just the seeds!

I don't care for them much myself, but I do remember hearing they were effective for birth control. That's just hearsay though, so definitely don't depend on it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2007 10:26PM by suncloud.

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: June 29, 2007 03:27PM

ok thanks for that. i've been eating hunza apricots too and saving the kernals, which I crack open and add to my smoothies.

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: June 29, 2007 08:33PM

I read in a raw food book (can't remember which one...sorry) that you should NOT eat apple seeds because they contain cyanide.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 29, 2007 09:11PM

Only eat the fruit seeds that you enjoy their taste. If the seed doesn't taste good to you, definitely don't eat it.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 29, 2007 09:13PM

Rosemary, where do you get Hunza apricots? Are they at markets? I've read about the Hunzas and how they use the apricot kernels as a staple in their diets.

I remember reading that the Hunzas string apricot seeds and wear them around their necks to eat all day as they're working. The Hunzas are generally considered to one of the oldest living populations in the world!

I agree with Bryan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2007 09:14PM by suncloud.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables