Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Feeling
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 26, 2007 09:32PM

Hey! Alright so I have "mastered" my second day being raw,and as I think this is kind of meaningless posted on my second day,i also feel I should,as i have been trying to become raw overnight for about a month now,and now i feel i might be at the point i can hold it.I really hope this all works out,i know as of now i'm craving some sort of fat,not sure what it may be,but i know that every fruit and vegetable i have tried is not satisfying.Another thing,would anyone have any idea why eating carrots actually makes me hungrier?it's a little weird i think,but even before when i was vegan it had done the same for me.As well being new and all to this,how long is it usually until detox comes and kicks me in the rear?,no no to be quite honest I can't wait until i feel a sort of detox,which would honestly make me feel like I have gone to a whole new level in being raw,wow..I'm more excited for this then when I became vegan!.Hope to keep in contact with all,hope for support both giving and receiving!.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Feeling
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 26, 2007 10:08PM

Congratulations Metalwar!

I don't know why carrots would do that. Maybe carrots contain some kind of appetite stimulant, or maybe they're helping to clear your stomach.

If you're craving fat, keep in mind that from a raw perspective, it's usually much better to eat raw fat foods than cooked food (and maybe end up eating cooked fat anyway).

On a completely separate note, I'm one person who can eat a small amount of raw oil-containing foods twice a day, and it doesn't bother me a bit or make me gain weight, as long as I exercise. It would be very hard for me (if not impossible) to stay raw without doing that nearly every day.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: June 27, 2007 12:35AM

How are you eating the carrots? Bugs Bunny style or juiced? Because certain high fiber foods, like carrots and apples, will often give me a pseudo-hunger feeling in my stomach...something about the fiber. And yes, I know, its SUPPOSED to do the exact opposite, but it doesn't work that way for me.

As for fats, I would encourage you to allow some just starting out raw. It doesn't take that much of it to satisfy really, and though I'm not skinny minny over here, I don't find that moderate fats cause weight gain, if you are worried about that, especially if you eat them with veggies and not so much with fruit. One of my favorite combos is from my Fit for Life days: almonds (I soak them now) and cucumbers...a very alkalizing combination, or sliced cucumbers with a tahini dip of some sort.

Your excitment is contagious! best of luck to you!

khale

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 27, 2007 12:38AM

me too on the fiber thing .. i dont know if its just pushing everything through faster that makes me feel hungry faster but i get the same thing ..hehe

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: June 27, 2007 01:30AM

Sometimes apples will do that to me, too; or just mono fruit.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 27, 2007 01:53AM

takes alot of energy to chomp those carrots...haha

many people add carrots to juices for the opposite reason..so they arn't hungry until 2-3 hours after juice (which is probably the optimal time to wait after juicing to eat IMO, unless its like a simple salad/fat)

metalwar..do a day of simple fruit, a day of juices etc..likely you will feel tired, which is a detox symptom. the very fact that you've spent "1 month becomming raw overnight" is a detox symptom..don't you think? if there were no physical/emotional 'toxins' in the way it would be seemless, the way you are going about it is probably better.

slowly introduce fresh raw things..slowly give certain foods the boot..for good!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 27, 2007 04:03AM

I like all of your replies..the last from anaken really,I decided I won't become 100% raw over this short time,and will just bring in more raw than cooked and hopefully someday will be up to the 100% when i'm ready! but i'm still here!
Thanks!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 27, 2007 05:19AM

hmm now that i think of it apples make me hungrier too when i eat them lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 27, 2007 02:59PM

Apples and carrots used to make me hungrier too. I developed a theory on my own and I have no idea if it is true but I think when foods do that to me it is my body saying that is what I need, eat more of it. I came to this conclusion after reading in Allisa Cohen's book about people getting fat because their body tells them to keep eating because they are not getting the nutrients even though physically they are full. Now that I am getting more nutrition I have found that I get full on these foods now. I would suggest eating apples until you are full. I am doing this with figs at the moment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables