Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

want to lose weight
Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: June 27, 2007 03:16PM

I'm new to raw. Previously I was on Weight Watchers and losing 2lbs a week. Since the switch, I've stopped counting or weighing foods, but I'm not losing. I read about people not watching what they eat and dropping tons of weight. i still have about 30lbs to lose, so I'm concerned. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: want to lose weight
Date: June 27, 2007 04:37PM

I'm new to raw too. I started the 1st of June and lost 8 pounds already, even though I can't live without 1 or 2 avocados a day. I find that I'd rather go hungry than allow myself a cooked meal that can ruin my body. My stomach is shrinking and I don't eat as much.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 28, 2007 02:37AM

I think that starting raw with the goal of losing weight might be a tough way to start. I know that whenever I've TRIED to lose weight in the past, Ive obsessed about "must lose weight". I felt that a little on raw, too, just a little bit (because my goal was health - glowing skin, slow aging- not weight loss). But when I saw pics of how skinny some people got on raw, I felt myself obsessing a little, and on raw I found you cant do that, it'll drive you nuts. Your skin and facial features will become more beautiful, though, so maybe that's a better thing to obsess about. Everyone becomes sexy on raw, but not everyone becomes skinny. You WILL look fabulous though. Good luck!

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: June 28, 2007 03:46AM

island girl.

at first I lost. I started with a juice fast, and the few weeks after that--I ended up losing about 10 pounds (down to 95ish at 5'0"winking smiley. Then, as I got more creative and had more access to unheard of fruits (moved from Massachusetts to Los Angeles), I gained back about 5+. first I worried, but continued to eat the same volume. Now I'm still about 100, but I've been 100 before and not like this! I'm muscular and hydrated and my face has definitely changed--all the smiling? If you try too hard to restrict--especially on raw--I don't know that anyone would be able to avoid a binge. It's better to eat to satisfaction on raw, than to skimp on raw and then eat SAD. don't you think?
I want to add this advice without it being 'advice.' eat what you LIKE, and whenever you crave it. but add exercise--if you already workout, add a walk, or yoga, or whatever you aren't doing but have time for.
get comfortable with something--and I can sympathize with the incredible desire to lose weight. I was overweight for the first time in my life last year.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: myst1kst0rm ()
Date: June 28, 2007 03:52AM

Hello smiling smiley I have only been raw almost a month but ive lost 15 pounds or so and I feel AWESOME! I also just found this really great website you should check out!!
[www.rawreform.com]

~ Tiffany

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart,
and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words..

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 28, 2007 06:23AM

Yeah I am not 100% raw but I am on my way there. I just got back home from Montenegro where I was eating a bunch of dairy (not processed) and I gained no weight at all but I was eating a lot of food in general and now that I am back home the food here makes you overweight without eating much so I think I am going to be switching to 100% raw pretty quickly. I work out quite a bit but I still gain weight with our food. It's sad sad smiley I always find that when I go completely raw there is almost withdrawal symptoms that I have to get past and those are always difficult but avocados help. Maybe it's the fat content..... I don't know.?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables