Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bread Cravings
Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: June 29, 2007 01:58AM

I grind my own wheat etc. and bake all of my own grain/ bread products. Since I am still doing this for my family, I am having a hard time dealing with the cravings...especially the smell of the bread while it is baking. I tried using the dehydrator but it didn't work with the recipe. I'm doing really good with fruits and vegetables, but bread is definately my downfall. I'm telling myself it isn't that bad since the bread is whole wheat and freshly ground...homemade, no sugar or any preservatives.

Any suggestions?

What % raw would you say I am? Am I doing something totally bad?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bread Cravings
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 29, 2007 02:30AM

Well if you want to become all raw, you will.

If you're new to it, you will almost certainly have cravings and for lots of people, the cravings go on for a long time. But, though it's hard to believe, your individual cravings WILL decrease and disappear. It's such a relief when they do.
So don't feel bad if you have them - I don't think any bread is as healthy as fresh, raw produce, but if you keep increasing the amount of raw fruit and vegs in your diet, at some point you'll have less desire for the unhealthy foods.

Good luck with it.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 29, 2007 03:01AM

Eating more sweet fruits will help with bread cravings. At least it did for me. Bread was a very difficult habit for me to break in my transition to raw.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 29, 2007 04:02AM

I think if I recall that bread or complex carbs can give you that release of seratonin which is a feel good hormone. A big reason people have a hard time giving it up. Try eating something else that releases seratonin like Bryan says..fruits.

"Whole-grain breads, crackers, pasta, rice, cereal, and fruit all have the potential to increase your serotonin level."

Eat more fruits more often..when you feel low or likely to start craving something eat fruit.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 29, 2007 02:03PM

Thanks everybody!

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: June 29, 2007 03:29PM

i find that soaked buckwheat, or groats etc, give me the stodgy satisfaction that bread gives.

Posted by: bronwynsun ()
Date: June 29, 2007 06:38PM

good ideas everyone...i would definitely just go for lots of bananas and other high cal fruits. nonetheless, if you do cave every once in a while and eat bread, the bread you make will hurt you less than what most people are eating! kudos for creating your own foods for your family! i respect that a lot.

Date: June 29, 2007 08:30PM

Rosemary,
How do you eat the buckwheat or groats? Do you just soak them and eat them or do you add something to them?

Posted by: Brendan B ()
Date: June 30, 2007 07:30AM

What about live sprouted ezekeil bread that is not toasted or heated in anyway? still considered bad?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2007 07:31AM by Brendan B.

Date: June 30, 2007 01:14PM

Brendan,
Do you have a recipe for live Ezekiel bread? I have one for the traditional, but I'm not sure how to convert it. The other breads I've tried to convert in the dehydrator didn't work.

Thanks.

Posted by: Brendan B ()
Date: June 30, 2007 04:36PM

islandgirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brendan,
> Do you have a recipe for live Ezekiel bread? I
> have one for the traditional, but I'm not sure how
> to convert it. The other breads I've tried to
> convert in the dehydrator didn't work.
>
> Thanks.

Don't think you can make it. You can buy it at health food stores if you have any in your area. I like to try to buy mine either frozen or refrigerated because the sprouts won''t last long when they are kept out at room temp. anyways, you can check out the website www.foodforlife.com. Good luck

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables