Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pregnancy and Raw
Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: June 30, 2007 09:53AM

Hey guys...

My husband and I decided that this summer/fall, we are going to conceive. I was wondering if any raw mommmies could give me as much advice as possible?

What percet raw were you?
What did you eat daily?
What was your weight gain?
Vitamin levels?
How was your baby's health when it was born and how did he/she develop?
Any odd symptoms or effects of the diet on your pregnancy?
Did raw make anything easier? Harder? Help with any pains, cravings, etc?

I also want to know any negative effects experienced of eating raw during a pregnancy... I am 95% raw now, but I am considering drinking more milk while I am pregnant for calcium needs. I just can't see myself eating a bag of sesame seeds or eating broccoli by the barrel, and I am worried about taking any risks...

I know that many mothers have had children while being raw throughout everything, but I still have a lot of worries.

ANY AND ALL ADVICE IS WELCOME!!
xxpeisi

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pregnancy and Raw
Posted by: earthiemama ()
Date: June 30, 2007 01:43PM

I'm not raw, but I am vegan, and I have a 2 year old and 6 month old, and wonderfully healthy 9.1 and 9.5 lb babies. From what I understand, the animal protein in milk binds with calcium and carries it out of the system, and so the daily minimums are way higher than they need to be to try to make up for it. I ate lots of leafy greens, dandelion has calcium in it....

I craved a big mac with both :shudder: but never had one of course.

Well, good luck HTH

Re: Pregnancy and Raw
Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: July 04, 2007 05:05PM

While I definately know I won't be craving meat, I have a feeling I will crave yogurt covered raisins or almonds... I am gonna try to make raw ones myself with cacao butter and honey or dates, instead of the "yogurt" coating...

Anyone done this before?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables