Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does anyone else get full before they feel "satisfied"?
Posted by: the enchantress ()
Date: June 30, 2007 03:06PM

Sometimes I find that I feel physically full after eating, but I'll still want more food. Anybody else experience this? Maybe it's emotional?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does anyone else get full before they feel "satisfied"?
Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: June 30, 2007 03:27PM

definitely! why is it that food and satiety are so closely tied to emotions for some of us? i have struggled with this my whole life.

Date: June 30, 2007 04:40PM

I'm one of those people too! I can eat all day. But sometimes I'd rather feel hungry than so full!

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 30, 2007 06:25PM

Yeah I get that a lot - I think that's why I cave sometimes.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 30, 2007 06:31PM

I've felt this many times, but I'm starting to see that this may actually be a signal from my body that I need to eat something (raw) from another food group.

I usually eat a very large amount of fruit, and a few nuts or seeds. If I get hungry when I'm feeling really full, then I eat some greens and the feeling goes away.

The idea is, if the full-and-hungry-feeling can go away just by eating something from another food group, then it's not emotions about food or whatever that's causing the problem. It's my healthy body doing its job by telling my brain that I'm lacking some nutrient, and I need to eat something else.

More of the same can make me physically fuller, but I'll still be hungry no matter how much I eat, unless I eat something else (raw).

Lately, I've also added sprouted kamut to my diet. It's absolutely wonderful eaten when the sprouts are short (about 1/4 inch). It's very tender and good. I mix it with chopped tomatoes, chopped red bell peppers, a dash of cold pressed olive oil, shredded dulse, and lemon juice.

I don't care anything about any kind of cooked food anymore and haven't for a long time. It doesn't look like food to me anymore, because I have plenty of different kinds of food that I can eat raw that will satisfy me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2007 06:34PM by suncloud.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 30, 2007 07:31PM

Way to go Suncloud, that must feel so good to be all raw. I'm inspired by every comment like this that I read.

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: June 30, 2007 08:22PM

i like that idea, eatting something from another food group raw. makes alot of sense. i am going to try this.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables