Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Water Fasting how long for?
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 30, 2007 07:29PM

Right I have fasted before, water and juice

upto 40 days before , 20 on water and 20 on juice.

I am wanting to water fast for majority of July. Any advice or blogs of inspiration to draw my attention to?

Is viable to do pure water for 30 days? Or should I consider juice, coconut water or MC?

I feel this is the right thing for now

Any thoughts, links, ideas would be most welcome

Thanks

Raw_dancer xxx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water Fasting how long for?
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: June 30, 2007 10:32PM

hi rawdancer im about 2 go on a water fast also, throughout july,, would u like 2 b my fasting buddy? lol,, thats really amazing that you fasted up to 40 days! someday i hope i can make it that far,,, what were your results with the fasts?

i heard that apple cider vinegar can cleanse really well on a fast,i think im going 2 do this at the beginning and end of my fast,, i feel like i need 2 fast bc i am naturally not hungry at all,, ive gone 3 days b4 without eating, not intentionally fasting, but just bc i am not hungry,, so clearly my body is telling me something,,, why did you decide 2 fast?

Date: June 30, 2007 10:57PM

I have a throat infection at the moment, havent had much of an appetite the last couple of weeks. Just feels like the right time, let myself heal and then continue onwards- adding coconut water and juices once I am recovered from this

Sure fasting buddies sounds good to me!

40 day fast was amazing but intense, lost 28lb, completly recovered from my crohns and well just got off the transitioning and started aiming for 100% raw.

Anyways thanks for the reply!!

Raw_dancer xx

Date: June 30, 2007 11:12PM

im sorry you are sick, im sure fasting will heal your throat :]

the coconut water is a really good idea, i think ill do drink that when i break my fast,,
wow you healed from chrons that is amazing! so inspiring! and you lost 28 pounds, im so happy for you! haha this is really pepping me up, lol,,

im fasting so i can heal from depression, acne, and lose weight so yepp thats what im hoping it will accomplish,,,

i just want 2 ask u one more thing,, did the fast heal stretch marks? or scars? im just wondering if it starts to use scar tissue as a source of fuel,, im not saying you had stretch marks, if you did tho i would like 2 kno if it did,, srry for asking ssuch a personal question

ok welljust tell me when you are starting your fast,, i suppose ill be starting in less than a week, just have 2 finish up my fruits ;] ttyl rawdancer :]

Date: June 30, 2007 11:18PM

hmm I am not too sure on the stretch marks, they are smoother and faded the ones from pregnancy anyway- general skin elasticity is a lot better.

I would say so

I am starting err..today now it is here anyways! lol July smiling smiley

Whenever your ready, happy to be ur fasting buddy.. will have to start a thread in the journal section.

TY

Raw_dancer

Date: July 01, 2007 12:36AM

o wow its 12 there haha its only 8:30 here

ya my stretch marks dont have color but you can still see them, well bc theyre scars,, i just want them 2 dissappear! grr,, lol ill just hav 2 see for myself if they dissappear,, neways ok yah a fasting journal, ill check in on yah and then post wats happening when i start ;]
yay, haha im sure the fast will go along alot smoother if theres a buddy involved :p

Posted by: bluelight ()
Date: July 03, 2007 02:14AM

Hi
Just curious. How do you guys water fast? I have always gotten really faint and shaky easily if I don't eat, although I am a little over weight now I know I would still feel funny. I have cut down on eating alot before during a given time, but it always really consumed my brain power so I didn't study or work so much as I need to do. I mostly can only fast if I have little obligation. Any advice or is this how everyone fasts? thanx.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 04, 2007 02:58AM

ive mostly slept throught my water fasts .. otherwise any energy expenditure results in me feeling shakey and sick

your body needs fuel to get through the day .. fasting is a time of rest

In my opinion you should do nothing but sleep and relax when fasting

smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables