Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

incredibly swollen and painful lymph nodes in my neck
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: July 01, 2007 09:21AM

i caught a horrible infection and the lymph nodes in my neck swelled up to the point where they are much much worse then the actual infection itself. what is the best way to treat or take care of this? it is very uncomfortable to have swollen neck. I feel like they will go away it has only been a few days since they totally swelled up, but my parents are pushing me to go to the doctor to get antibiotics, and I just don't feel like it is necessary. what is the best way to treat this fast?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: incredibly swollen and painful lymph nodes in my neck
Posted by: khale ()
Date: July 01, 2007 01:19PM

Lots of rest and then more rest which includes resting from dense, heavy food as well; dry brushing and sweat baths with herb teas that assist in detoxification, such as dandelion root, would be helpful as well.

I would also concentrate on foods high in immune-boosting nutrients, such as cantaloupe (try making some cantaloupe milk) for the B vitamins, oranges and lemons for vitamin C and etc.

A "sweat bath" is nothing more than immersing yourself in a bath as hot as you can stand it (I recommend getting in the empty tub and running the water around you so that you can better gauge the temperature) and sipping a cup or mug of hot herbal tea to induce sweating. Wrap up good when you get out and lay down a while...you'll likely feel weak and a bit light-headed after the bath. Epsom salts are a good addition to the bath as well.

To make cantaloupe milk simply scoop the cantaloupe seeds and put into a blender with about 4 cups of water and process to crush the seeds...then strain the seeds and return the liquid to the blender, add a cup or so of the cantaloupe flesh and blend until smooth. Cantaloupes have the highest concentration of B-vitamins of any fruit and are plentiful and inexpensive this time of year...so eat up!

The swollen lymph indicates a compromised immune system, so antibiotics would be the worse thing you could do...unless absolutely necessary. The swollen lymphs ALSO indicate that your body is fighting the infection...so, let it do what it does best by cooperating with it and assisting where you can.

I've had swollen lymph in my neck many, many times through my life. Even high levels of negative stress will cause my lymph to swell. These things have worked for me...so give it a try and let us know how you do.

khale

Date: July 01, 2007 08:23PM

why are antibiotics the worst thing u can do?

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: July 01, 2007 10:15PM

My lymph nodes were inexplicably swollen for over a year with minimal pain. Sometimes they still hurt at random; I think this is a mineral deficiency, but I'm not sure which.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 01, 2007 11:18PM

ILoveJen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> why are antibiotics the worst thing u can do?

beacuase antibiotics not only kill the bad bacteria causingyour problem but they kill the good bacteria in your body as well

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: July 02, 2007 04:03AM

Your body is telling you to sleeeeep. Lymph nodes swell because your body has to rev up its production of white blood cells, which it needs in order to fight off the infection. This process also includes the production of memory T-Cells, which the body creates in order to quickly fight off that infection (virus?) in the future.

All of these things going on in your body require tremendous energy, so listen to your body's need for deep, healing sleep.

There is a theory of medicine which says the immune system is really the body's 2nd line of defense against pathogens, and that clean blood is the first... a raw diet of fruits and vegetables is the way to clean blood.

If true, that theory might explain why some people with AIDS can can have a very low T-cell count yet be "inexplicably" robust and healthy-seeming, while others can have a normal T-cell count yet appear very sickly. Maybe, if the diet and lifestyle is healthy enough, then the T-cells never have to engage, because alkaline blood provides no breeding ground opportunity for pathogens.

Date: July 02, 2007 04:07AM

Oh sorry... I should clarify that I went off on a tangent in my post... I didnt mean to imply that anyone has hiv, I just re-read my post & it occurred to me that it might sound that way.

Date: July 02, 2007 07:00PM

okay, there is no way this can go on for a year, or anything close to that... it hurts SOOO much. I can't talk and worst of all I can't even swallow without having to clench something. I dred the thought of swallowing so i wait until there is too much saliva in my mouth and i HAVE to swallow. i'm starting to think i might just be better off if i spit out my saliva instead of swallowing it every few minutes. how do i clean my blood? i've been rawvegan for at least two years. idk what i'm doing wrong. I don't feel like i should have gotten so so so sick...

Date: July 02, 2007 07:11PM

huh, that's weird. Maybe someone more experienced can offer some insight? it's beyond my present comprehension. Being raw vegan should give you clean blood. The only other thing I can think of is zeolite, which will clean up toxins that the raw diet alone can't. Sorry to hear of your situation.

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: July 02, 2007 08:42PM

Are you sure you don't have the mumps?

Posted by: Lauralai ()
Date: July 03, 2007 02:04AM

It sounds like mumps to me too. My friend got it last year, there was a bit of an epidemic in these parts. The symptoms you are describing sound just like it.

Date: July 03, 2007 05:37AM

i'm not sure of anything. i went to the doctors today and they drew my blood. they told me they think it's mono, but i don't think it is for some reason... my throat is so swollen that half of it is swollen shut. it's really weird...

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 04, 2007 04:11PM

What works for me is taking about 5 drops of hydrogen peroxide in a glass of water and drinking that. I take it when I feel like I'm getting sick..sore or scratchy throat or whatever. So, I've only had to take it a couple times at best a year. One glass for one or 2 days helped me.

You can buy food grade hydrogen peroxide if you would rather not use the drugstore variety.

Now I've discovered there are lots of health benefits to taking orgainc raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar. I take that everyday. I'm on day 30. I take 1 T in 1 cup of water 3 x a day. I have had a couple swollen cysts that tend to get pus in them (gross I know!) less as I've gone along on raw foods, but still there. With the acv they have healed and can't be seen or felt.

I also soak in a tub with 2 C of apple cider vinegar..I would certainly do that with your condition. I do that daily too. I first take my usual bath, then the secod tub of water I fill with water and acv and soak as long as I can, from my head to my toes.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables