Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

creaky cracking joints
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: July 01, 2007 06:05PM

ok well i did gymnastics for five years since i was 8 to 13,, that whole time i endured lots of pounding and cracking,, well now i am 17 and quit a bit overweight, but its coming off, 2 get 2 the point,, now all, and i mean ALL of my joints creak and crack,, my jaw creaks,, not that could hav been caused from gymnastics lol,, but i kno the cracking in my knees, back, ankles, etc is,,, also every morning wen i wake up it feels like my back or shoulders r out of wak,, its not painful,, they just dont feel like theyre in place,, and also (haha geez) when i run or walk, i can hear my hip popping out of joint or something, well i can hear it popping,, i ride my bike now :] my question is what foods can i eat that will help elliminate this, and heal it,, and is this normal with being overweight? im about 40 pounds overweight,, would that cause this? well thanks everyone :]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: creaky cracking joints
Posted by: POOCH ()
Date: July 01, 2007 06:29PM

I know exactly what you mean. I have that same thing, but with more aches (got a few years on you too). But I noticed that there was much more cracking since going raw. Maybe all those years of abuse (food and athletic) working their way out. But I have heard that omega 3 fatty acids are good for your joints ie. walnuts, flax, certain seaweeds.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: July 01, 2007 06:36PM

No, the body should be able to handle lots of exercise, if it's properly nourished.

FUZZY - I've had this problem and used to solve it with calcium supplements, BUT - what works MUCH better is - greens! Honestly, I haven't had a creaky knee for months. And avoid dairy, cuz it robs you of calcium - I can tell the difference within a few hours of eating dairy - clicking and creaking.

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: July 01, 2007 06:55PM

hello sweet fuzzy wuzzy! when the weight comes off it should help alot. perhaps you could do a google search on foods that are anti-inflammatory. i bet that would help. also, yoga yoga yoga! try some different poses. the cool thing about yoga is that it can be done in slow motion. if you feel discomfort, just try a different position. flexibility and strength are key.

good luck my dear.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: July 01, 2007 08:51PM

Hi fuzzy,

I was just about to say what pihourova said. So I'll just second it: yoga, yoga, yoga!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables