Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Which healer to see? Advice?
Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: July 02, 2007 05:06PM

OK. So I have appointments with two healers coming up to address the fungus and parasites in my body. I have them both to such a degree that treatment through diet is not enough alone. One guy is an MD, holistic in his bent, who through tests will be able to see exactly what strains of what I have and prescribe medications or supplements as needed. He is excellent. Another woman uses a BodyScan machine to detect imbalances and prescribes a customized homeopathic remedy and other supplements. She also is able to tell you exactly what foods you are allergic to. Even if I am raw, is it not important to avoid allergens (e.g. I am allergic to bananas and they make me nutso). What do you guys think? What would you do? Both? Something different?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Which healer to see? Advice?
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 02, 2007 06:37PM

I don't know..this just seems like almost a scam imo. Healthy food, clean pure eater, fresh juices you make, some real raw type apple cider vinegar, that is what you could do, and it's cheaper than 'healers'.

Love,
Prism

Date: July 02, 2007 11:44PM

when you are struggling with potentially fatal levels of yeast in parasites, you need more than diet i believe. i have water fasted twice for 21 days, gone to OHI for a month, eating raw a month here and there, and each time I left better but unable to stay away from sugar and junk due to the beasties living inside of me. Sometimes I think supplementation and help is crucial. diet is HUGE. the biggest patrt. but it is not always enough.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 02, 2007 11:57PM

Supplements are sure helping me. I think you should go with your gut to try and find the right one and if you aren't thrilled with them after the first visit, move on. I liked the naturopath I took my daughter to. It is so easy to dig yourself into a deeper bad health hole by taking the wrong advice. I learned most of what I has helped on this forum and by researching myself. Look for information about other people with similar issues who are getting results. Keep eating better and better and you will help your body get stronger and stronger.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 03, 2007 06:45AM

dancer,

My guess is that neither of these healers will work for you. You can try them and see, but my bet is your problem won't go away so easily. You've been to a bunch of healers already, and nothing has worked so far. Perhaps the solution you are seeking is already inside of you, and you have to quit looking on the outside for the answer and start looking on the inside.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 03, 2007 12:26PM

i was thinking the same as bryan

dancer
"unable to stay away from sugar and junk due to the beasties living inside of me"

is this really true?
do the beasties cause you to eat sugar and junk?
is it possible the beasties would enjoy non junk?

not negating your current view, dancer, just suggesting another view could be considered.

the most efficient path is the one on which we are completely honest
and we do those normal everyday things that are most healthful

Posted by: vegan john ()
Date: July 03, 2007 03:44PM

Dancer,
It's a difficult one really ... I also feel that neither of them will be what you are looking for.

MD's (here in the U.K. at least) generally prefer to give their patients pharmaceutical type drugs for parasites and also for fungus. (Although you say he is holistic ... Hhmm ... personally I would definitely not want to take drugs). Not sure that I would go to a MD for an holistic approach. They have trained so many years to prescribe medicines. Unless he is a real exception (which he might be) ... I doubt he has much training in supplements / diet. I guess I would ask what qualified training he has taken in his 'holistic' approach and what type of holistic approach he takes ... e.g. Naturapathy, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Herbalism etc. The title 'Holistic' in itself does not say what disciplines he will draw on to treat you. Just because somebody is a MD, does not mean they are qualified to treat you in the holistic fields.

Well the BodyScan machine. Which type of body scan machine does the lady use? Do you know the name of the machine? I have had some treatments with a few different ones here in the U.K. that use homeopathic type medicines as well as isopathy (all worked out by the use of the machine). At first I was very, very impressed and then not so much. They were very well respected and recommended practitioners. I spent a lot of money and did not get the results that I really wanted. However, I think they probably did help somewhat. The medicines made me feel very toxic and that was before going high raw (when I was eating a pure organic vegan wholefood diet). I seemed to react much more severely to the medicines than the 'meat eating dead food' patients.

In essence food is a vibration and raw food is a high vibration (dead food is a low vibration). The homeopathic pills / liquids etc treat similar with similar and are vibrations of poisons, substances etc (then isopathy treats like with like ... so nosodes of illnesses etc) ...all of which are low vibrations. My body struggled with them ... I could in the end only take the dose that you would give a baby. Otherwise my body reacted too strongly to them. (I do think that homeopathy and isopathy are both excellent ... but the vibration is just too low / heavy / yuck for my body. If you are eating high raw ... not sure how you will react).

If it was me, I would want to find out more about both of the people you are considering. I would wish to know the holistic qualifications of the MD and what holistic disciplines he would use. With the lady, I would want more info on the exact name of the machine she uses (some of the machines are not thought highly of by the people I have seen).

I guess, if it was me, I would do completely different stuff to what you mentioned. I would do a Dr Hulda Clarke approach for the parasites (google her for more info). She uses green black walnut tinctures, wormwood combinations, freshly ground cloves, apricot kernals (taken on an empty stomach before eve meal within 5 mins of each other) and a zapper etc. Actually I have done that apart from the zapper. Her stuff is thought to kill a wide range of parasites including all the stages and the egggs. It doesn't do some stuff though ... I think e.g. tape worms.

For the fungus ... well I guess if it was me,I would do the same kind of diet one does for yeast / candida. I would do a strict anti-candida diet for 2 months (Gabriel Cousens has stuff on this and his level 1 foods). It would be difficult, because of the fruit and fats in the raw food diet. Some people say that fruit sugar feeds the stuff and some say fats do. I think a green juice fast to start with would be excellent and help get rid of the cravings.

Also the raw food diet will definitely help cleanse and keep you clean. But, if it was me, I would stick to low sugar fruits and low overt fats for a couple of months ... if I could. Definitely not easy with the cravings.

I wish you a lot of luck and success with whatever you choose to do.
John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2007 03:45PM by vegan john.

Date: July 03, 2007 03:45PM

I agree with you all. But when you have serious overgrowth and parasites are supplements not necessary? And I do not know what to take in addition to changing my diet. One good thing is that my dad is paying for the doc - So part of me feels that I should go in the case that he does suggest something that resonates. I am not interested in what he has to say about diet nor am I interested in a bunch of synthetic vitamins. I just want to kill the fungus and parasites.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: July 03, 2007 05:28PM

If I were you, I'd go to both.

I'd look EVERYWHERE for answers. Sometimes you can learn something really important in the most unexpected place.

I think that if nothing else, the tests the first doctor does may give you some answers. You don't have to do anything either doctor says, but it doesn't hurt to get their input. Then you can decide for yourself if what they say makes sense to you.

If nothing they do for you works, then you can just cross them off your list and look elsewhere!

And talking to these doctors shouldn't keep you from experimenting with your diet to see what works best for you.

As far as the allergy tests, to me it would depend on the method of testing whether or not I'd trust the results. Some people might be real believers when it comes to such methods as say "muscle pulling". I'm not, but that's just me.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2007 05:36PM by suncloud.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 03, 2007 08:20PM

I consider myself an expert on allergies from personal experience. I am allergic to pollen, mold, many artificial fragrances; colors and preservatives, beer, wine, and certain foods and many more. I prefer to call them sensitivities rather than allergies. The word makes more since to me. It is in my opinion it is best to clean yourself out and reintroduce to find what you're sensitive to. Environment is a big factor. When I go to the city I have allergic reactions. Being raw has helped this immensely. When I started taking local honey it cleared up so many pollen allergies that I was able to pin point others. Now things that used to make me sneeze and give me headaches I can actually enjoy, like pineapple. It is like I was getting to the point that my health was so poor that I was developing new sensitivities and getting worse and worse. Good luck!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 04, 2007 05:24AM

dancer youve said it yourself a few times here that you find it hard to be accountable to yourself

maybe start a journal here and actually come here everday instead of once every few weeks..that is if you have access to internet daily .. i dont know if you do or not so maybe you cant get on everday but if you come here daily there is alot of us here that will talk you through all this stuff smiling smiley

i think the main thing you need to do is heal your leaky gut

also what parasites do you have? ther is as many cures for parasites as there are parasites . there is no real broad spectrum cure .. if you can name what you got it would be easier to tell you how to get rid of them

likewise with fungus .. what strain have you got? again there is as many cures for fungi as there is fungi

smiling smiley i really hope you have the ability to help yourself

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables