Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Aspartame detoxification
Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: July 04, 2007 10:42PM

I had no idea aspartame caused as much as it did. Does anyone suffer (or has suffered) from aspartame side effects?

And what do you to detox from it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Aspartame detoxification
Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: July 05, 2007 08:25AM

I believe massive aspartame consumption kicked off my salicylate allergies during my teens.

When I was younger, I was bought up on diet drinks (my mum wouldn't drink the normal coke, thought it was bad for our teeth as well, haha!).

For some reason, every single weekend I would get a migraine. Why at the weekend? What was so special about a Sunday morning/afternoon that I would get a migraine (always had to vomit afterwards as well!).

Years later, when I went vegan, packed in the aspartame, the migraines stopped.

It was then I figured that during the week, because I was at school, I didn't drink the stuff so much. We didn't have much money, so sometimes we just had water. But at the weekends, we would be putting away 2 litres of diet coke a night. There were days where I would start drinking the stuff 10am in the morning! No fruit juice, no water. Just aspartame all day.

Going vegan helped me detox- I'm currently a high raw vegan- I still feel I need to do *something*. Not sure what, maybe a fast, maybe a colon cleanse, I'm not sure.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: July 05, 2007 09:08AM

When I was a teen, I thought is was healthy, and I used a lot of it, and my hands & feet would go numb. I stopped using it and the numbness went away. I started using it again, and the numbness came back. I put 2+2 together. It's Dick & Jane level reading, folks.

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: July 05, 2007 12:31PM

I found out that the migraines I get, the cystic lesions in my brain, and the sparks I sometimes see in my vision are all side effects of aspartame.

I wish someone would do a proper study and put these companies out of business.

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: July 05, 2007 01:22PM

Something interesting about aspartame:

they taught us in university biochem about sugar replacements, etc, and it struck me as odd that they talked a whole deal about aspartame, but never mentioned any of its bad qualities... They said it was 200 times as sweet as sugar, so less calories were consumed, but when I asked my professor to talk about all the negatives effects, toxicity, how it can be lethal when it is a certain temperature, how it actually increases hunger, etc, she replied: "that may be so, but I don't really know any of that for certain, so I cannot comment".

Odd, eh? It always struck me as so...

xxpeisi

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: July 05, 2007 02:32PM

Peisinoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Something interesting about aspartame:
>
> they taught us in university biochem about sugar
> replacements, etc, and it struck me as odd that
> they talked a whole deal about aspartame, but
> never mentioned any of its bad qualities... They
> said it was 200 times as sweet as sugar, so less
> calories were consumed, but when I asked my
> professor to talk about all the negatives effects,
> toxicity, how it can be lethal when it is a
> certain temperature, how it actually increases
> hunger, etc, she replied: "that may be so, but I
> don't really know any of that for certain, so I
> cannot comment".
>
> Odd, eh? It always struck me as so...
>
> xxpeisi

Ouch! Not the response you want from someone who's supposed to be 'in the know'. When you look at aspartame's history, the amount of people who have been affected by it, it's madness that the response is usually "Okay, people have reported to be sick, but we have no proof"...

YET there was talk of banning the goji/wolf berry in the UK a few months back. What in the world!? They allow aspartame, msg, sodium benzoate, sunset yellow and acesulfame K to be added to our food yet the goji berry scared them?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables