Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Food and Crime,-modern day saints
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 06, 2007 06:05PM

Did someone mention some connection between food and crime? For instance, I thought I heard someone mention that cooked foods reported to have been eaten before some major crime sprees. The connection seems fairly weak, as so many people eat cooked food. More specifically are animal foods credited with causing more disturbed states of mind?

Also do you believe that particular nutrients which are low, or in excess are related to crime? What if anything is thought to bring more peaceful, relaxed, but also more productive states of mind? I know that lithium is connected to controling certain mental disturbances and disorders. But if someone is not diagnosed with those, would it be helpful for the average person?

Several years ago a sci-fi program featured the death of a modern saint. (theoretical) The body smelled like flowers. I faguely recall some connection to lifelong dietary habits, namely fruitarianism. It seems a bit far, but does the aging corpse of a life long fruitarian smell differently? or lack smell? or not smell as much? Or decompose differently?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Food and Crime,-modern day saints
Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: July 06, 2007 06:17PM

I don't have the citations handy, but there is certainly a growing body of studies correlating violent behaviour and sugar/junk food, and in the movie 'Supersize Me', a school was cited as having transformed the behaviour of at-risk youth (it was an alternative school that took kids whose behaviour was too poor for regular school) by removing pop and junk food from the school entirely and switching to an ultra-low sugar, low fat, high veg/fruit, high fibre cafeteria diet.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: July 08, 2007 01:20PM

in experiments,rats are fed people food and they eat each other and fight and then they are given raw organic healthy food and they have little communities ad procreate

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 08, 2007 03:37PM

well i guess CC 's example says a lot

"people food" LOL tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: July 08, 2007 09:11PM

also known as "real food" lol.

Date: July 09, 2007 03:59PM

Has anyone felt a difference emotionally since trying or going raw?

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: July 09, 2007 07:10PM

mislu yes i have!!! my depression is dwindling away,, ive only been raw on and off for 6 months,, im sure i will be depression free if i can stay raw ;]

Date: July 09, 2007 07:11PM

Fuzzysox,
Thats wonderful! Let us know about your progress, its great to hear positive experiences!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables