Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How to be sure it's Raw
Posted by: plastic ()
Date: July 08, 2007 08:14PM

I thought maybe everyone could post one Food they had trouble finding raw, and how they made sure that it was indeed raw.

E.g: Raw Oats. I'm still trying to find them raw. I've started buying Oat groats in Whole Foods and I roll them myself at Home. I'm still not sure if they are completly raw!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to be sure it's Raw
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: July 08, 2007 09:09PM

All fruits/vegetables (other then a few that are treated with hot water and fungicides) unpackaged and unprocessed with be raw

dried fruits, nuts, seeds, oils in clear containers and pretty much anything in a package that is not refrigerated will not be vital, or as vital depending on perspective. and also potentialy rancid as with any shelled nuts that have any portion of exposed skin.

for most people comming to raw with a 'product' mentality, when this question arises it doesn't really matter. Eat the foods you enjoy and combine approprately. But in my opinion grains should be cooked anyway.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables