Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

losing digestive enzymes?
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 09, 2007 03:41PM

i was in a discussion with someone who said that alot of the vegetarians they know get violently ill when they eat any milk/animal products whatsoever. is this due to a lack of enzymes from not eating those foods or what?
patty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: losing digestive enzymes?
Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: July 09, 2007 03:57PM

i think its because our bodies do not naturally digest animal products. most sad eatters do not get sick from animal products because they have developed a resistence to the body's signals that tell us when we are eatting something that does not belong in us. and eventually their body lets them know in other ways, like cancer and other illness.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 09, 2007 07:31PM

Are there more subtle signs to look to before ones bodies get cancer or other illness? For a lot of people its not toxic, poison or bad for us unless it rather immediately does obvious harm. Its possible that even a hard core sad eater is experiencing these things, but just doesn't know what is being experienced. For instance, when I first tried raw, I didn't like not having a heavy feeling after eating. Most people associate that with feeling satisfied. But now I associate that feeling with gastric distress.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 09, 2007 08:09PM

I've known vegetarians that were very overweight and unhealthy at a young age. Eating things like deep fried mushrooms just can't be good for a body.

As for losing digestive enzymes, I've read that as we age we lose much of our digestive strength, but maybe it's because of digesting foods that are already half digested for a person as in SAD.

Eating raw foods diet is hard sometimes on an older person (I was 50 when I started it) when they are trying to eat things like a lot of raw veggies, nuts, and seeds. Being gentle with your self starts with eating ripe fruits, maybe juicing the veggies, doing some green smoothies, until you reagain some digestive power back.

I started taking organic raw unifiltered apple cider vinegar and it's helped with my digestion a lot among doing other things for me.

Eating some fermented foods may help a person then, imo, especially if one is transitioning and not all raw.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables