Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

i cannot go 2 the bathroom
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: July 09, 2007 09:18PM

this is really emberrassing but,, for the past 3 days i havent been able 2 (u all kno wat i mean),,, i drank tons of acv,,lots of water,,, eaten tons of watermelon,, i was eating about 2 avocados a day,, but stopped around the same time i couldnt,, well actully i couldnt really go to the bathroom before...im getting worried..wat the heck is happening and wat else can i do,,,? plus i am getting really strong cooked food cravings ,,ughh,, wat the heck is this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i cannot go 2 the bathroom
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 09, 2007 09:33PM

how much is tons of acv, tons of watermelon and is that ALL youve had in 3 days? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: July 09, 2007 09:55PM

Maybe your not getting enough food or certainly not enough fiber...apple, apricots, nectarines, plumbs, orange (Prunes or dates always do it for me). I also find that walking helps to "move" things along.

Date: July 09, 2007 10:06PM

i exercise by riding at least 10-15 miles a day,,
lol no acv and watermelon arent the only things i eat
heres an example of one day

2 avocadoes(except the last 3 days)
a huge salad ...or 2 with onion
probably half a cup of acv each day (yah i kno alot,, well i like the stuff :p)
5 or 6 fruits (either kiwi, apple, plum, nectarine or grapes)
and 1/2 a watermelon a day
and almost a gallon of water a day (i get thirsty :p)

idk wats going on

the only thing different is that i havent been able 2 sleep
im really restless...but im exhausted and idk why i cant...im also having really weird dreams where i have a feast of the crappy foods i used 2 eat, and i wake up thinking i did...idk wat this is..maybe detox...?

Posted by: emilym ()
Date: July 09, 2007 11:13PM

Hi Fuzzysox,

I heard on dr. Grahm/Rozi Gruben's DVD, "Making Friends with Your Food", that adequate sleep is essential to having good BMs. Rozi said insomnia is related to constipation. So try to get some sleep!

Hope this helps.

Robin

Posted by: rawveggiemom ()
Date: July 10, 2007 12:03AM

Have you tried some Flax seeds. That seems strange since you are eating all that fruit. I hope you feel better soon and I hope your sleep gets better.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: July 10, 2007 02:06AM

fuzzysox Wrote:

> 2 avocadoes(except the last 3 days)
> a huge salad ...or 2 with onion
> probably half a cup of acv each day (yah i kno
> alot,, well i like the stuff :p)
> 5 or 6 fruits (either kiwi, apple, plum, nectarine
> or grapes)
> and 1/2 a watermelon a day
> and almost a gallon of water a day (i get thirsty
> :p)
>
>

Ok, it looks like a lot of fruit but grapes and watermelon and kiwi are not very fibrous. The fiber is what will get you moving. Avocados sometimes have a binding effect.

Here's what works for me: put a couple of apples and a good large handful of greens in your Cuisinart and process you can add 1-2 soaked dates for extra sweetness if you like. It'll look lik green applesauce and taste sweet and good and will get you moving.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 10, 2007 02:33AM

ground flax seeds have strong laxative effekt,just take 2-3 tbsps any way you like and watch!!!!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: July 10, 2007 03:07AM

The flax seeds will probably work.

Also, if you include nuts and/or seeds (especially sesame seeds) regularly in your diet, you will go to the bathroom.

Yoga really works to keep you regular.

Date: July 10, 2007 03:50AM

fuzzy ACV is a weak acetic acid

High doses of acetic acid have been reported to cause irritation to the lining of the the digestive tract. Take only the recommended dosage.

maybe yer over doing ita bit ? too much of a good thing IS/CAN BE bad

taking more of something doesnt always speed up results in fact it can backfire right back at ya

id suggest easing up on it a bit and more fibrous stuff till ya start bein regular again smiling smiley

yoga, tai chi, mediation ..all great for sleep .. find out the source of whats troubling you and try to remove this so you can sleep easier

i bet your brains goin a mile a minute all night smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 10, 2007 09:03AM

what about coconut milk? I have heard lots about it's supposed laxative properties

Date: July 10, 2007 12:51PM

hi everyone thankyou for your feedback :]
im going 2 try wat u all suggested..today im gunna try and get my mom 2 take me out and buy some apples, flax, and coconut..yum sounds good :]

ill deffinately cut back on the acv, i didnt kno it could b harmful wen eaten that much..i just really like it..im gunna hav 2 control myself :p

about the yoga and tai chi... i really want 2 do those things...ive been trying 2 get 2 the library the past month! but noone will take me..so im gunna try really hard and get my mom 2 take me so i can rent some dds or books on it

thanks everyone you gave me really good advice..im so that this forum exist cuz i would have gone on sleepless and consti...(u kno wat i mean)
thankyou :]

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 10, 2007 01:26PM

What kind of acv are you ingesting? You certainly want to have the organic raw unfiltered type not the store bought type. Also, I'm in argeement that a good thing can go bad if taken to excess. 1 C of pure acv seems like a lot to me, and I take 3 T a day myself.

You might go to bragg.com to ask how much is too much acv.

Try adding back some avocado since that seems to be the only change you've made.

Love,
Prism

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2007 01:27PM by Prism.

Date: July 10, 2007 02:11PM

fuzzy type in yoga or tai chi on youtube or other free vid services ..theres lots off stuff you can get there smiling smiley to get you started try here for yoga [www.youtube.com] and here for tai chi [www.youtube.com]

really importantly

dont force the poses just do what you can so you dont hurt yourself

the flexibility will come quickly

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2007 02:20PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 10, 2007 03:42PM

is this a sudden change in diet? That can cause some problems that you describe. Sometimes even foods that are supposed to promote bm can cause that if they are suddenly consumed when you aren't used to that. Stuff like that happened to me before, but it was usually from a sudden change. It ended coming out in a large glob, so don't be suprised.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: July 11, 2007 01:29AM

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

well I think my opinions can pretty much be summed up here ^^

Of course sleep is crucial aspect of health and pertains to this issue generally. but of course these things are well..cyclical. how can you rest when you are swimming in waste?

an alarm clock is unfortunately bad news for the morning bm's, but to me, that doesn't sound like the issue here

many of the other suggestions are just wives tales in my opinion. the watermellon or head of lettuce or whatever might work under normal conditions if you miss a movement, but it depends on alot of factors I would think. the stone fruits do tend to be the most fiberous and best bowel food. If you are going to try to remedy this with food I would try those first. and be very strict about proper combining and digestive times for a until things blow over.

not to sound harsh, but some of this stuff, you really don't want to be *&*@#$ing around with. if you are stiring up old wastes and not eliminating, this is NOT a good thing. even folks who are eliminating regularly through the bowel arn't nec. clearing this waste, whether its hard matter, or carbonic gases. its one motivator behind changing a diet very slowly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables