Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw "spaghetti"
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 10, 2007 05:48PM

hi group...call me an idiot but i searched the archives and can't find a recipe for raw basketti. anyone have one or can lead me in that direction? i`m having some sort of craving for something i have no idea what it tastes like!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw "spaghetti"
Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: July 10, 2007 06:05PM

I use a "saladaco" ( a little gadget I ordered off Amazon). You can put a zucchini squash in it and it turns it into angelhair pasta...at least it looks like it. When combined with homemade marinara sauce, I can't tell the difference in the taste...except that it isn't hot.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 10, 2007 06:44PM

. When combined with homemade
> marinara sauce, I can't tell the difference in the
> taste...

and the recipe for homemade marinara? is it just pureed 'maters and garlic and the like?
patty

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: July 10, 2007 06:59PM

Dewey
I just ran across this video on Youtube of Bryan Au making zucchini pasta w/ alfredo sauce. I don't know how to put a live link in here, but here is the web address: [youtube.com]

Here is one recipe I like for marinara...but it makes a LOT! This recipe made one 12" pizza and 3 servings of "spaghetti"

2 1/2 c tomatoes (I used roma)
12 sundried tomatoes, soaked
1/4 c olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
3 dates, pitted & soaked
2 TB parsley
1/8 tsp cayenne
1 tsp sea salt

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 10, 2007 07:40PM

I just made zucchini fettucini with pesto sauce for dinner tonight (recipe from Storm's e-book) and it was scrumptious. Really looked like noodles and very satisfying. Pretty simple to make as well.

Noodles:
3 medium zucchini peeled and then sliced into strips. Storm recommends using a potato peeler and avoiding the seedy parts for the larger zucchini. I had baby zucchini so I used a cheese grater.

Sauce:
3.5 tbs of raw tahini
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup water
1 tsp cumin seeds (i didn't have this, didn't miss it)
1/4 cup fresh basil
1/2 lemon juiced
other seasonings (optional)
Put in blender til creamy

I also added a couple of soaked sundried tomatoes and garlic - yum!! I had a hard time saving enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow......

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 12, 2007 02:08PM

I made the Bryan Au alfredo recipe last night. It was very good and so, so simple. I decided to look for more of his recipes. Thanks islandgirl.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables