Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Weight loss & Exercise
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 13, 2007 03:18PM

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding weight loss and exercise. I have been 80% raw for about 4 months. I started at about 189 pounds and lost about 5 pounds in 2.5 months but now I have regained the weight and I am currently at 187 pounds.

Generally this is what I eat:
Morning - 1 liter of veggie juice (kale/spinach, carrot, beet, celery cucumber)
Mid morning - 2 Bananas
Lunch - Salad (raw vegetables and greenswith 1 Avocado, no dressing, sometimes a little olive oil)
Snack - Sometimes flax crackers
Dinner - can be a cooked meal (vegan - but no soy/tofu) or a raw dinner or a coconut smoothie
Dessert - this is occasional, but sometimes I eat homemade raw ice cream.

Also, since I have gone raw I haven't been exercising at the gym. I stopped going to the gym and heard from serveral people that yoga is good to support the raw food lifestyle. But I haven't being doing that as well.

Does anyone have any exercise suggestions to support the raw food lifestyle. When I was at the gym, I was doing hard cardio, weight, etc. but since this builds up lactic acid and I am on a raw foods, I am not sure if it is a good idea to have that kind of exercise routine.

Any ideas on exercise or my diet will help.

Thanks a lot...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weight loss & Exercise
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 13, 2007 05:29PM

Check the fat levels in what you do eat, and be very honest with yourself down to the littlest cheat and you'll find out why you aren't losing weight if you have excess fat to lose. If it's muscle you want to lose, that is tougher and I don't know how they strip off muscle tissue in a healthy way.

For lactic acid build-up you can try braggs organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar which works wonders.

What I like doing for exercise when I want to lose weight is arobic activity, burn the calories and the fat with something like salsa dance, stepping, cycling, etc. Boxing is supposed to be the overall best exercise I've heard. I also loved taking bellydancing which was lots of fun.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Stacie ()
Date: July 13, 2007 06:09PM

I am doing exactly the same thing I was doing before going raw, Cardio and strength training. According to another forum,

"Weight training is enhanced by rebound exercise. It increases fat metabolism, muscle definition, strength and endurance. The effect of forcing toxins out of the cells is also great for removing lactic acid - the substance that makes your muscles hurt after exercise"

You need to exercise though.....work for that fruit!

Posted by: Nessi ()
Date: July 13, 2007 11:57PM

Walk.

Walking circulates gently.

You get the blood flowing, the joints moving, the heart pumping.

Fluids and everything else can move through the body in a gentle way.

Depending on your walk you can make it what you want. Leisure as the sun rises, energetic taking the dog , quick paced and aerobic as you swing your arms to the mp3, or romantic as the sun sets.

The unlevel ground will help you practice balance as you experience the great outdoors, mmoving the metatarsals and your mind.

I also believe doing anything you totally love, painting, dancing, typing, reading, kissing, will burn the most calories as your body is in tune with your spirit.

peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables