Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

acquired taste?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 16, 2007 05:56PM

beyond the basic veggies, i cant really stand the taste of anything. ill keep eating it if i know its eventually gona be tolerable...is raw foodism an acquired taste?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: acquired taste?
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 16, 2007 06:24PM

for me? no. i love all the fruits and vegees in their normal state. for some yes i think so. some have to retrain the tastebuds i think. when i went down a bad path and ate all kinds of fast foods and crap my tastebuds changed. i went back to real food which was hard at first but i did it. then i went to a fast food joint with a friend and i tried a burger or something. it tasted like crap! i hated it. point is....our tstebuds do change
patty

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 16, 2007 06:26PM

5 years ago i was pretty much not interested in any fruits and most vegetables ..now i love them .. my tastebuds were dulled from years of smoking

i think your tastes will change overtime smiling smiley

also knowing what good ripe fruit tastes like compared to under/over ripe helps smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 16, 2007 06:37PM

Although I have always loved nearly all fruits and vegetables my tastes have changed in that I am caring less and less for other foods and I am feeling deep cravings for mostly sweet fruts. When I eat a banana now it is way better than it used to be. Mono eating fruits made a big difference for me. It is my favorite way to eat yet I had never tried it before going raw.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: July 16, 2007 08:48PM

Me too. Most fruits and veggies taste way better than they used to and most of the junk that I used to eat tastes like crap.

Also, most cooked food makes me feel almost immediately dehydrated. anyone else experience this?

khale

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: July 16, 2007 09:34PM

it takes a while 2 adjust your taste buds...but they will become aquired 2 fruits and vegggies and you will be disguisted at the taste of "normal" food... i remember a couple months ago i ran out of fruits..this was wen i first went raw... so i ate just veggies or barely ate at all....the whole time i couldnt think of anything else except biting into a big juicy red apple,, when there was junk food all around me (i live with my family who eats sad) finally we went and got some apples..i swear 2 u it was the best apple i ever had.. it was soo good lol...
soon you will also be able 2 taste the difference between organic and commercial produce, if u eat organic

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: July 17, 2007 09:24PM

I'm still struggling with vegetables. Before going raw, I would smather my veggies with salt and butter to hide the veggie taste. I have just never liked them. I get my greens in my putting them in a smoothie and if I put in enough banana, I don't taste them. Thank God for all the beautiful fruits he gave us!I don't know what I'd do without fruit. I agree with everyone else in that your taste buds do change. I've tried tasting some things I used to eat and one bite is enough to say, "NO WAY!"

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 17, 2007 11:00PM

islandgirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I get my greens in my putting
> them in a smoothie and if I put in enough banana,
> I don't taste them.

have you tried lemon and/or lime juice spritzed over them? that`s how i like my veggies sometimes smiling smiley smoothies are awesome too!
patty

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 17, 2007 11:28PM

I get dehydrated terribly when I eat cooked and for hours I can't drink enough water to quench the thirst. Lots of food that I loved like crackers and fries are so dry to me that it feels like work to eat them.

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: July 18, 2007 12:50PM

same here!! actually when i eat cooked food like these blue corn chips that i used 2 be so addicted 2,, within minutes or seconds of eating them i can literally feel the energy draining out of my limbs,,my arms become heavier,,,my whole body feels heavier... its a crappy feeling

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: July 19, 2007 04:54PM

have you tried lemon and/or lime juice spritzed over them? that`s how i like my veggies sometimes smiling smiley smoothies are awesome too!

I'm not much of a fan of lemon or lime either, but I do put orange juice on them and I seem to like that okay

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables