Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bad Time to do Master Cleanse?
Posted by: Seren ()
Date: July 16, 2007 11:55PM

Hi there smiling smiley
I am due to fly back to the UK for 10 days this friday (20th).
I have been oo-ing and ahh-ing and hum-ing and ha-ing over the whole raw food thing for months now since I first learnt about its existence back in January. Finaly, I feel ready to give it a go. Nothing drastic, but I want to at least try it and see how I feel about it. All being well, I would just continue with it. If not, I'll just reduce how raw I am and build it back up as I feel more comfortable.
My question is this:
I would love to start ASAP but start off with the Lemonade MC. Is it a good idea to be doing something which will shock my body (at least at first) if traveling a long distance (and dealing with all of the stressful baggage that comes with it) will happen bang smack in the middle of the MC?
I would love ot start right away but is it wise to travel while on a detox plan?
I would appreciate all of your opinions on this.
Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bad Time to do Master Cleanse?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 17, 2007 12:28AM

i wouldnt do any fast, cleanse or detox without being able to have the time to rest and rest and JUST REST

so no i would definitely put this off ...untill you land where you will be for a bit

the MC results in (and theres no better way to say it) copious amounts of butt pee .. in alot of people who do it

so diareah , possible nauseau , harsh headaches .. among many other symtoms of the MC ..

no id say no .. dont do it smiling smiley

check out the master cleanse site boards [therawfoodsite.com] for the people posting the fun suffering their going through .. lol no its not somehting i would attempt on a travelling schedual smiling smiley personally i wouldnt recommend it all .. but im a harsh opponent too it ..it just doesnt make any sense too me winking smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2007 12:32AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 17, 2007 12:30AM

i`m with jodi...i`d say no. timing isn`t right
patty

Posted by: Seren ()
Date: July 17, 2007 06:18AM

Thanks guys,I appreciate it.
I would like to ask though why you are opposed to it. It's always good to have both sides of an argument before making a decision. And is there any alternatives you would recommend?

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: July 17, 2007 12:38PM

I did the MC while I was off and at home. This allowed the bathroom to be accessible, which was absolutely vital! The MC is good, but it can interrupt your schedule a bit and you don't get much of a warning when things are going to release! While I was cleansing, I didn't get any really bad detox and never really felt tired. I continued with my regular exercise schedule, walking 5 miles a day. My big detox came AFTER the MC. It kicked my butt and I was literally DOWN for about 3 weeks...no energy, pain in my joints, depression. It was awful. It's hard to say how the MC will affect you so it would be better to wait until you are in a stable location and routine to give it a whirl. But that doesn't mean you can't start eating incorporating more and more raw foods into your existing diet. Good luck.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 17, 2007 03:52PM

my view is the same as island girl. while every body is different and reacts differently you just don`t know how yours will react and being by a bathroom on a normal schedule in a familiar place is a good ideasmiling smiley
patty

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 17, 2007 04:19PM

why am i opposed to it..

it seems gimmicky to me

well for one i cant see using huge amounts of maple syrup as your only source of nutrition being a good thing ..its high heated refined maple tree sap

cayenne is an irritant to your stomach and intestines

its a 10 day cleanse yet i see people doing it for 30 . .. 40 days .. to me this is abusing the concept

smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables