Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'm sick....what do I eat?
Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: July 18, 2007 05:55PM

Let me start by typing that I apologize for "TMI" here (that's too much information for those who don't know). I developed terrible diarrhea all of a sudden. As to the cause...who knows? A bug, something I ate, the detox product I am taking...who knows? My question is what the heck do I eat if I still want to stay as raw as possible? Pre-raw I would eat crackers or noodle soup or toast. I don't want to resort to that plus I don't really have anything in my kitchen other than sprouted grain bread and oatmeal that is similar. So far today I tried a banana and a pear and nothing is working.

Can someone offer some help?

Patty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm sick....what do I eat?
Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: July 18, 2007 06:00PM

Homemade applesauce has a lot of pith which is good for diarrhea. Maybe try some apples in the food processor. Some oatmeal might help also. In any regard, make sure drink a lot because it is very easy to get dehydrated with diarrhea. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: July 18, 2007 06:08PM

When sick, don't eat. Drink a lot of water. With diarrhea you don't want to ge dehydrated, as islandgirl said, so keep the fluids coming in.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 18, 2007 06:45PM

I agree with Greenie that eating is not what you want to do right now, drink pure water. Let your body clear out the stuff it wants to, and then add bananas when you feel like it.

When you say a detox product, what are you using and what did you think it was going to do? Seems to me your body is detoxing, now you want to add in clean water, then fruits when you feel like it.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: July 18, 2007 06:59PM

Without knowing what's causing it, some safer fruits are banana, mango, papaya and applesauce or appples without the peel. But go easy on the apples for sure. You can eat more than just one of the banana or mango also and I'd suggest that. Vegetables and lettuce might irritate things or might not. Depends unfortunately and you'd have to try. Maybe a little celery with the fruit is another idea.

It's more of a key to eat while healing and not expect the food to actual stop the diarrhea. If it persists, than that's a concern. :O(

Date: July 18, 2007 06:59PM

Thank for the input so far. The products I am using are by Quantum Nutritional Labs purchased through www.healthline.cc (recommended by chiropractor). I have been on their Cleanse Blend (intestinal cleansing formula/detoxifier) for about 2 months. This program is designed to take 2-3 months and be very gentle. I recently (1.5 weeks ago) added the Heavy Metal Detox which is suppose to excrete primarily through kidney rather than intestines.

Oddly, despite my angst in the bathroom and some fatigue I don't feel that horrible which lends me to believe it really isn't some kind of "bug". More so than anything else I am very shaky - probably from dehydration. My stomach is also grumbling hungry.

I am pushing the water in as much as I can.

Thanks again,
Patty

Date: July 18, 2007 07:11PM

That's a whole new side to your story. I'd strongly suggest someone to guide you through what you are doing if you plan on continuing this way. It's just me, and you don't have to agree ofcourse, but you are being counterproductive to what a raw food way eating wants to accomplish for you.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 18, 2007 08:12PM

tanawana Wrote:
you are being counterproductive to
> what a raw food way eating wants to accomplish for
> you.

how so? i`m a beginner so excuse my ignorance
patty

Date: July 18, 2007 08:24PM

If I'm getting it, you are doing a gentle cleanse over an extended period of time. Simply eating a more raw diet, with the amount of fruits most eat, is very cleansing in itself and I feel much easier on the body as well as healthier and productive. But, if there is an actual reason other than "feeling" you need to cleanse, I guess I don't know that. But I might be misunderstanding something you are trying to accomplish also :O)

Date: July 18, 2007 08:28PM

tanawana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I'm getting it, you are doing a gentle cleanse
> over an extended period of time. Simply eating a
> more raw diet, with the amount of fruits most eat,
> is very cleansing in itself and I feel much easier
> on the body as well as healthier and productive.
> But, if there is an actual reason other than
> "feeling" you need to cleanse, I guess I don't
> know that. But I might be misunderstanding
> something you are trying to accomplish also :O)

thankssmiling smiley i`m not the cleanser but i am the one who asked why it was going against the raw food way. your answer is completely logical and just what i wanted to hearsmiling smiley
patty

Posted by: mamadeb ()
Date: July 18, 2007 08:30PM

........I've heard that shredding apples and letting them get brown just by sitting out for a while, is good for the runs......I've given this to my kids before...but not too much...maybe try an apple and see how it goes.....hope you feel better real soon! Deb

Date: July 18, 2007 08:48PM

Tanawana, I don't know if this will clear things up or confuse more. I am the Patty who started this topic. Believe it or not, I went raw because of the detox/cleanse (or in conjunction with the cleanse). Actually, I had not even known much about raw/living foods until I looked into that product. It was then that I started getting books and searching the web. (Note: My chiro is keeping an eye on me.)

Given how clear hindsight is, I have stumbled a bit and learned volumes in a short period of time as I journey to better health and well-being. A big portion of this journey has been going raw.

Given some of my newest insight, I agree with you. I could probably realize the same final outcome without having to spend what I did on the product. The more I do read (say even from the literature that comes with the products) the more I find out that a little detox/cleanse is a good thing but trying to rush it or do too much at once is a bad thing.

Thank you loads for your support and advice.

Patty "the cleanser"

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 18, 2007 08:49PM

Blackberries in the blender will cause you to cease the problem you are having.

Date: July 18, 2007 09:14PM

sewraw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I am the Patty who started
> this topic.

LOL i didn`t even realize there were 2 of us!!
patty the non cleanser

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables