Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

3-5 lbs aerobic bacteria
Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: July 20, 2007 05:20AM

hi
i read a website saying that we need 3-5 lbs of aerobic bacteria, but wouldn't say how to get it.
can someone here please tell me how to get it, or if i even need to get it.
thanks
dave

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 3-5 lbs aerobic bacteria
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 20, 2007 05:30AM

Definition

Aerobic bacteria are bacteria that can grow and live in the presence of oxygen.

who says we need 3 to 5 lbs of it?

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2007 05:32AM by Jgunn.

Date: July 20, 2007 02:14PM

the blind guru

i've never heard this either.
dc

Posted by: siracusa ()
Date: July 20, 2007 06:45PM

That guy seems to intrigue and confuse everyone. I had the same questions when I ran into his website. I think we spoke on the phone because I was interested in a blender - but I just... could not communicate with him properly. I kept asking something and he just would not answer my quesion. He was all over the place and a tad weird - same as on the site. Oh, well.

Date: July 20, 2007 08:55PM

so you don't know how to get this 3-5 lbs either?

does anyone?

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: July 22, 2007 11:00AM

My suggestion is to try contacting someone on the website. I don't get it either but I'd say it probably means that we ought to have that much in our guts. So it seems to me that it's not a question of how to get it. Eating and living well would probably give us a good healthy amount of bacteria in our guts as well as in the rest of our bodies. The "good" bacteria, if I'm not mistaken, don't do well in acidic environments. So, eating a good amount of raw foods, keeping an even emotional keel (negativity is acidifying), proper exercise (I read in "Conscious Eating" that strenuous exercise is acidifying) and who knows what all will provide a healthy environment for those bacteria. In my own opinion, emotions are the most important thing to pay attention to. Be happy, smile, laugh, relax, talk, listen, etc, etc.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: khale ()
Date: July 22, 2007 03:46PM

Aerobic bacteria are bacteria that grow and live in the presence of oxygen. In order to increase aerobic bacteria in the body one needs an oxygen rich internal environment. Exercise is good. Oxygen therapies are available (you'll need to do your own research on this one...but some people actually ingest food-grade hydrogen peroxide for this purpose. Probiotics are helpful. Unwashed organic, wild or garden vegetables and fruits are helpful. (also sod-based probiotic supplements are available...again you'll have to research) Spirulina and blue-green algae are also good sources of healthy bacteria that thrive in an oxygen rich environ.

I've searched a few of my books for a reference to "3-5lbs aerobic bacteria" as I know I've seen it mentioned somewhere other than the blind guru's site, but I just can't remember where. sorry. But it seems to me that this is just a standard measurement of healthy bacteria in the body. Nothing particularly esoteric about it.

The importance of aerobic bacteria to the body is significant. But even more significant is the presence of oxygen, as anarobic bacteria (or the swampy, bug-ridden, bad stuff) can't exist in it. So the more oxygen in your system, the less parasites, bacterial overgrowth and so on...

hope this helps a bit,

khale

Date: July 23, 2007 05:35AM

thanks troy
BIG thanks kale.

i have lots to learn

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables