Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Going Raw Starting today (((HELP)))
Posted by: nowheyjose ()
Date: July 23, 2007 03:09PM

Hi Im a 14 year vegetarian, 10 year vegan, and today Im stepping up and am going raw for at least 30 days... If I can adjust easy to it then Ill continue. I need alot of advice, simple recipe suggestions, i need a list of super foods i should go shopping for, just anything you can advise a raw newbie on , will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2007 03:10PM by nowheyjose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Going Raw Starting today (((HELP)))
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 23, 2007 03:16PM

Congratualations! The wonderful folks on this board (including myself) will be VERY supportive and have a lot of great advice / experience for you.

Tips:

1) Start small and set small goals for a lifetime.
2) Always stay full - and never hungry.
3) Be HONEST with the level that you ARE very comfortable at and set very small goals (with timetables) to stretch from there).
4) Keep it simple, and don't feel you need to do anything complicated.
5) Always eat before you leave the house - and bring a snack.

-Just some basic tips.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 23, 2007 03:21PM

i like your name .. noWHEYjose !!! hahah love it ! tongue sticking out smiley welcome

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: elover6 ()
Date: July 23, 2007 03:40PM

Careful you might just fall in Love!! Congrats on shape shifting your body into a new paradigm!! Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm shanti Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Date: July 23, 2007 05:23PM

thank you everybody for the advice, jodi im glad u like the name.... ok im going to the supermarket to look for something to put together now. If i dont find anything good there that means ill have to go to the health food store. But I will atleast get a papaya and some frutis to hold me down for my first meal of the day.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 23, 2007 05:38PM

theres a really awesome list of master raw foods at David Z Masons site [www.rawfoodfarm.com] check it out its on the left master list of raw foods smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 23, 2007 09:59PM

i had a breakfast smoothie... papaya, pineapple, banana, and i made my own nut milk for the first time... i took some raw almonds and cashews and put in the blender with some filtered water and wala, after that i just strained it and added it to the smoothie.

I also bought collard greens, green lettuce cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, red and green peppers, cilantro, garlic, and mangoes,
I was just gonna put together a nice salad does anyone else have other recipes i can use with these ingredients even if i have to go get more stuff

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 23, 2007 10:31PM

nowheyjose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
does
> anyone else have other recipes i can use with
> these ingredients even if i have to go get more
> stuff

i like www.goneraw.com for recipes

Posted by: khale ()
Date: July 24, 2007 01:08AM

You could dice the MANGO, add some finely chopped CILANTRO, (some fresh lemon or lime juice would be nice), a touch of sea salt, and eat it rolled up in COLLARD leaves.

You could make a nut pate' from your ALMONDS and CASHEWS and stuff it into CUCUMBER boats or eat it as a dip w/ sliced cukes, RED BELL PEPPER or roll it up in your GREEN LETTUCE leaves. This would probably be yummy with a fresh MANGO sauce.

You could make a fiesta slaw by shredding your CABBAGE and adding chopped TOMATOE, finely chopped CILANTRO, GREEN BELL PEPPER & RED BELL PEPPER, & GARLIC

...and all this without even going to the store again!

happy feasting!

khale

Date: July 24, 2007 05:00AM

very good thanks for the info

I made a nice salad i chopped the cabbage, lettuce, and collards up with the cucumber tomatoes and peppers i did go back to the store for an avocado chopped it up too and made my own dressing i let some chopped red onion sit in orange and lemon juice along with some herbs and spices I let it sit a few hours it was so good i ate 2 small bowls. No lie i felt a buzz afterwards, I really felt high, I already love it.

Tomorow I'll do the mango thing wrapped in collard leaves. thanks so much

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: July 24, 2007 05:33AM

for some reason, my post ended up on the wrong thread.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2007 05:41AM by Rawrrr!.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables