Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bacteria and raw food.
Posted by: noelle ()
Date: July 24, 2007 04:07PM

Ah, the great sugar debate.

So, I've got a severe case of tonsillitis and can't eat and solids. Luck for me I <3 smoothies of all kinds (though, those still hurt like hell to swallow, too). I need things that are a little on the dense side in order to take the antibiotics I'm on-- I know, and entirely other issue but the infection is so intense I'm desperate. My doctor said nothing about staying away from sweet foods and I assume he figures it doesn't matter because the medication is on the job, but do you think sweet fruits like bananas will feed the bacteria?

Any suggestions for delicious, super-helpful, kind of dense foods to make shakes out of that aren't sweet?

Bacteria loves sugar as much as, if not more than, I love fruit but I don't want to go making matters worse.

Any help would be much appreciated!

P.S. I've been away from here for a long time: hello all. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bacteria and raw food.
Posted by: khale ()
Date: July 26, 2007 02:31AM

"but do you think sweet fruits like bananas will feed the bacteria?"

No. Not if you are raw. If you are eating cooked chocolate, starchy, cooked carbohydrates AND bananas, then maybe...but then it wouldn't be the bananas - it would be the combination. Personally, I would add some spinach or cilantro, or other leafy greens to my banana smoothie to keep it balanced.

Do you have a juicer? Celery and cucumber with a little apple would be very soothing.

Hope you feel better soon,

khale

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables