Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help for Lack of Sexual Desire
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 25, 2007 03:35PM

My husband is suffering from a lowered libedo (SAD eater) and I'm wondering if there are any herbal supplements or other things that might help.
Thanks in advance!
Nicole

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help for Lack of Sexual Desire
Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: July 25, 2007 07:27PM

Lowering the fat in his SAD diet as much as possible would raise his energy levels.

Adding as much fruits and vegetables as possible would help.

Fresh vegetable juices would help.

On a SAD diet what you leave out is actually more important than what is in the diet. The most beneficial thing to leave out is cooked/processed fat.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 25, 2007 10:05PM

hmm and dont forget that the brain is an important part of the sexual process smiling smiley open communication !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: July 25, 2007 10:13PM

longjack

google it.
good stuff

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 25, 2007 11:17PM

Try lots of garlic! Heh..heh....good for the desire.....but perhaps not the actual implementation! Ha!ha!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: khale ()
Date: July 26, 2007 02:12AM

"longjack"? hmmm. i like it already.

low-energy, low self-esteem = low libido

Suggest that he lighten up on cooked starchy carbohydrates. For stubborn SAD eaters, particularly male SAD eaters, it is easier to take them off of "starches" than meat and fat. And some nutrition experts (and that's raw experts too) say that starchy carbs, such as potatoes, and processed breads, tortillas, taco shells etc. etc. should be the first to go - even before meat and dairy. In place of the starches, add big salads and leafy green vegetables...

...and then take a walk together after dinner.

khale

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: July 26, 2007 04:02AM

I'm sure their are countless natural 'remedies' that one could find. that would be greater alternatives to commercial products, yet it would have a similar effect long term I would think.

I'm always amazed when the commercials push drugs for ED...because the 'patient' has type 1 diabetes (or the drugs one takes thereof). hmm...well it might just not be the best way to spend ones energy at that point! .although I can see/empathsize with the desire to have an incy bit of pleasure!

assuming your husband is healthy...which by definition almost is a BIG assumption...

My opinion is that any approach that allows for the creation of more health will inevitably require more rest/abstinence. That said, removing a good deal of the processed sugars and starches, without removing the cooked foods/meats entirely...adding tons of fresh fruits and veggies..should free up some energy to GET BUSY...leaving the bad stuff out entirely would bring on the more unpleasent detox...

just my thoughts.

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: July 26, 2007 04:07AM

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: July 26, 2007 12:33PM

I second maca smiling smiley

Also Jodi's comment about the brain. Without getting too foul mouthed, there's nothing sexier than having a real tiger for a partner smiling smiley Being pressured to 'perform' whilst knackered from a bad lifestyle is kind of distressing, so you could just regularly try massage and heavy petting, and then allow him to take the lead if he isn't too fatigued.

Rather than looking for supplements and stuff, maybe it's worth looking into his lifestyle more to see how you can de-stress and energise him. Make him breakfast in bed so he gets a longer lie in the morning (that way you can make him a healthier breakfast). Make sure he has a healthy lunch and dinner where and when you can, go for walks at the weekend etc.

During my junkfood/no sleep/high stress era of my life, I became so stressed that mentally and physically I couldn't justify 'wasting' time on love and romance. I'd be thinking, "I've been laying here all this time, I could be doing <insert chore or other pasttime that I no longer had time for> right now..."

Now, high raw, those days are gone smiling smiley

Date: July 26, 2007 12:54PM

Maca Maca Maca

I'll third the suggestion to try maca. Get it in bulk (not capsules, too expensive) and put it in a smoothie. The taste might take some getting used to but it is not bad.

Getting him off the SAD might help too but you can't change other people. My boyfriend is SAD also and it is kind of a bummer. He loves processed meat and candy. I try to offer good food to him but he usually makes fun of it.

Date: July 26, 2007 08:11PM

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I will report back soon!
Blessings,
Nicole

Date: July 26, 2007 08:46PM

don't forget fresh air, lots of sunshine, and a good nights rest.. if it happens to be depression, the signs and symptoms really have a way of 'killing' ones interest in sexual activity. That said, don't forget.. there's always your imagination and creativity to gain his interest once more. Most of all, remember to have FUN!

~Mari

Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: July 28, 2007 12:43AM

yes, a healthier diet for sure, but i've heard a lot about Maca powder for that, too!!

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: July 28, 2007 07:43AM

Agree with the healthy diet tips. But don't forget exercise! Apparently, a study showed that, regardless of actual body shape, runners had the best body image v/v sex of all people; they were the most likely to not be ashamed of their bodies and willing to use them in sexual play.

Maca made my first child! -- Vigorous!
Posted by: jivana_vegan ()
Date: July 29, 2007 01:35AM

Maca is awesome!

I am surprised that no one mentioned Damiana.
One can get the loose herb or a tincture.
I used to make a tea of Damiana (Sensual Increaser), Kava Kava (Physical/Mental/Emotional Relaxer), and Peppermint (Flavor Enhancer)...
with effects of decreased inhibitions, relaxed feeling with one another, and INCREASED SEXUAL DESIRE.

Also, try including Rose Petals for a 'sexy' scent, flavor, and feeling.

Also, as a man, eating large quantities of nuts always made me feel "the desire".

I will be adding a line of teas to our site soon, under the Line: Aumen Blends.
I will include a masterfully blended 'Tea for Arousing Love' - but it will likely be in September.

I guess that it goes without saying: STOP EATING FLESH AND BLOOD and you will feel more happy and in the mood for making sweet love!

I hope this helps.

If nothing else, get a (hemp) smoothie and add maca everyday -
YOU WILL SEE RESULTS!

Also try the Damiana on special nights...with candles and ...

Maybe even try the book "101 Nights of Great Sex" (or any book you like for that matter).

May peace be with you and your husband.

~Khy'em

All products at [jivanavegan.com]
are made with Love -
and have been known to produce the feeling in some consumers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2007 01:48AM by jivana_vegan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables