Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juliano says coffee is good? And David Wolfe....
Posted by: lorddimples ()
Date: July 25, 2007 11:43PM

Juliano in this you tube video about raw food says coffee is good. Around 4 min. into.

[www.youtube.com]

Coffee is now good for you. What are the benefits to this cooked food. Isn't coffee, however, very acidic & causes many strange symptoms like: Nervousness, headache, increased heart rate, anxiety, upset stomach,irregular heartbeat,irritability,GI irritation,elevated blood pressure,agitation,heartburn,increased cholesterol,tremors,diarrhea,nutritional deficiencies,insomnia,fatigue,poor concentration, depression,dizziness,bed wetting.

I'm also confused why coffee is beneficial yet it's not raw. I was under the assumption that he was spreading a 100% raw food gospel.

Here David Wolfe suggests as a base for his ultimate smoothie - water, coconut water or (meow) coffee....
around 1min. 54 sec
[www.youtube.com]

I'm very new to raw food so I'm not attempting to discredit anyone just gathering information here. To find the truth. There's a contradiction if you are seeking a 100% raw diet yet viable/beneficial caveats exist.

Question; Is all cooked food bad for you?
What about beans? What about vegetables you love especially when they are cooked like eggplants, haricot verts, artichokes, edamame, green peas, lentils, black beans etc. maple syrup?

I'm only begining to ask these questions as I gain ground beyond a 50% raw food diet.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juliano says coffee is good? And David Wolfe....
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 26, 2007 12:19AM

I don't know about them, but I don't drink coffee anymore. When you quit, you get headaches, and other withdrawal symptoms..can't be good for you imo.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: July 26, 2007 01:59AM

I heard coffee was good for ennimas. I don't know why though. I quit coffee when I started eating raw five weeks ago. I had a headache for three days I tryed to juice fast one time and drank coffee That did not work very well I couldnt sleap and felt real crappy. I have high blood preasure and the coffee was not good for me. I feel so much better not drinking coffee.

About the cooked foods you love. There is always a sacrifice one has to make for our health. When I started this raw eating I told myself that some day I might eat a piece of pizza or whatever else I see my family eating. I don't want to feel I am depriving myself of those foods. I made a choice to eat raw and let my body heal itself. I don't want to eat cooked foods for a long while and maybe after that long while I won't desire to eat the cooked foods. I am feeling so satisfied with just eating raw foods. What I see and feel happening because of the raw foods has brought a different perspective in my life. I don't think I will ever be the same now that I know how wonderful life can be by just eating raw foods. I feel a new freedome and a lot more that I did not expect to experiance.

I do challenge you, lord dimples to take a walk on the raw side of life after you take that leap you will become to realize what I am talking about

Posted by: khale ()
Date: July 26, 2007 01:59AM

lorddimples wrote:

'There's a contradiction if you are seeking a 100% raw diet yet viable/beneficial caveats exist.'

I think that I know what you are saying, but some people place more emphasis on "viable/beneficial" than the ideal of 100%. It all depends on a persons' intentions and goals.

Some people like to include herbal therapies and such with their raw diet and are actually cooking the herbs to make tea. To their minds the benefits of herb teas have a higher value than the ideal of 100%.

Some people who gravitate to raw do so strictly for its health benefits and see no reason to not have something "viable/beneficial" simply because it isn't raw. Their goal is health, not raw for its own sake.

And then there are people who think that if it isn't raw, it isn't "viable/beneficial". Period.

Like most "movements", RAW will have at least two camps, or two currents, and as it grows it will likely branch off into even more. There will be fundies, fanatics, heretics, prophets, evangelists, new movements, old school, emergent, fusion, and so on and on and on...lol...sorry, I couldn't help it..........

WE RAWK THE WORLD! LONG LIVE RAW!

khale

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: July 26, 2007 03:11AM

I think I remember seeing that video and DW said..."we know what goes on at home" or something of that sort..implying one could use coffee...he's just about getting people excited..and not pushing too much dogma about "don't do this etc..."

coffee is a stimulant, like cacao. There very well could be tons of beneficial nutrients and minerals in both, but refraining from them will allow your body to rest significantly (of course assuming you are eating progressivly more raw fresh stuff...leaving out 'the crap' for good, and getting actual rest)...and after long period of such rest will not respond too well to the stuff.

some people..like DW...are just happy doing what they are doing... you know? bringing great joy to their life and to others...its A secret that this goes a LONG way.

your list of cooked foods seem like great options for transitional foods. but they wouldn't be more nutritious or beneficial then any raw fresh plant foods. and would contain enough toxin/density to slow your detox.

eating these foods might be a better track/substitute then forcing a 100% raw diet..especially if it was loaded with tons of dense/waterless things that have the same grounding/full affect.

I certainly have a soft spot in my heart/memory for artichoke hearts!

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: July 26, 2007 03:59PM

if it works for you,
enjoy it
if it doesn't
(it gives me tummy quivers, but once a month i try it because i love the flavor)
don't do it.

raw rules

listen to your body
after you've cleaned it up and rehabbed it from it's junk

peace-

Posted by: arora ()
Date: July 26, 2007 05:02PM

hey!

I just gave up coffee and during withrawls I slept for the best part of three days. Sometimes when I drink coffee it makes me feel anxious so I know I am much better of without it.
Also it is really bad for certain things like high blood pressure, which I dont have but it runs in my family. So Im a little confused that they are now saying its ok. I wont be doing it anyway cos its soooo unbelievably addictive and most people who go raw dont want to be addicted anymore to anything.

Ive jumped the coffee ship for good! smiling smiley

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: July 26, 2007 06:05PM

I think DW has 2 goals.. one is to bring the message that it's a viable way to live in any environment and second is to make money. I'm sure that he would be both happy and helping a lot of people if they made coffee smooties in the morning and used his suppliments and super foods and those using them would end up a lot healthier.

It's kind of a win win for those involved.

I don't find coffee helpful really at all. There is a different brewing method called the Toddy method which cold brews the coffee and I think cuts the acidity down by almost 90%. I'm probably wrong on the percentage, but I've had it and it is good and is smoother. The caffiene didn't work the same in my body as coffee, but it still didn't feel good.

Posted by: perbetty ()
Date: July 26, 2007 06:25PM

Hi Lorddimples,

You asked: is all cooked food bad for you?

Answer: Nature uses bacteria to renew itself. When a plant is sick, dying or dead, bacteria goes to work on it; but if that same plant is healthy, bacteria pretty much leaves it alone. When you throw away a living carrot, it'll sit in the trash can intact for a long time, dry out, then gradually start to mold and decay. Put stir-fried carrots into the trash, and soon they'll start stinking up the garbage pail--the bacteria has gotten busy almost immediately.

When cooked food goes into your body, bacteria multiplies to numbers that compromise the body's immune system. Further, when bacteria is eating raw food in your system, it emits a byproduct that is clean and harmless. When it eats cooked food, the byproduct it emits is toxic, and this may be what the body is responding to when it shoots out white blood cells, which it does every time cooked food is ingested in the body.

I know it seems harmless to steam a little spinach instead of eating it raw, but there's one of many reasons that at a microscopic level, it is.

Betty

"Don't believe everything you think."

--Bumper Sticker

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables