Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

my chronic ITCHY ear!..help...please..
Date: July 26, 2007 04:47PM

hello All,
having been here for AGES!...good to be back..
but
yessss, my ear
it comes & goes,
can drive me nuts,
luckily something helps,
but only for a while,
meaning it won't make it go away permanently,
what i use these days is H2O2,
(3%solution of the food grade hydrogen peroxide)
& as i said it makes it go away for a 1-2 days, & then it starts again..
sometimes, seldom, a clear fluid will come out from the ear at night, & dries out crusty on the outer ear, no smell in it, & it's not from or after hair washing, no....
soooo, any ideas?
i don not have a wax build up in there, i keep my ears clean, & with unbleached q-tips & not too often as not bo disturb the ears too much...
LOOOOOOOOVE U ALL
LOOOOOOVE & BLESSINGS, Basia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: my chronic ITCHY ear!..help...please..
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 26, 2007 08:06PM

See a Dr. or naturopath..could be something in your ear. If you want to really clean your ears, you can buy a bulb syringe (like for babies) and while in the bathtub full of water, fill it and place nozzle near your ear canal and firmly press out the water into your ear. Do that 10-14 times for each ear. It will flush out most anything in there, and it doesn't hurt you one bit. Safe for babies and children too.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: July 26, 2007 10:10PM

I agree with Prism to get a diagnosis.

I usually make some colloidal silver and put it in my ear but I don't have any fluid in it. When I have an itchy ear, it means that I've got some sort of infection.

I tried to help a guy at work one time and gave him some colloidal silver but it didn't work for him. He went to the doctor and was given some antibiotics. He then came to me and told me that he still couldn't hear. I told him to go back to the doctor. The doctor discover that ear wax was blocking his ear canal such that he couldn't hear. However, the doctor did note that the ear wax was moist... I'm guessing that was from the colloidal silver.

Good luck!

Date: July 27, 2007 01:03AM

thank U Prism & "life101" but, but, but
- i do NOT have anything in there, in my ear, it is just that....blessed skin in the ear canal that gets itchy, probably some kind of dermatitis,...
my friend, naturopath, is away this week, i told her before she left about it, & she first she suggesteg ear ...conning(?), though i KNOW, i don't have a wax build up in there, & i CAN hear not fine but great..
so she will deal with it when she's back next week, but i thought one of U might have some experience with the same kind of thing....
as i said, the H2O2 helps, but only temporarily, while i want, of course, the blessed skin HEALED for good!...
got to run
LOOOVE U ALL,
LOVE & BLESSINGS, Basia

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: July 27, 2007 02:36AM

When I get a candida overgrowth my ears get itchy inside.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 27, 2007 02:37AM

We did give you suggestions, why not try them? It's funny to me, but people ask for help on things, and when they get various suggestions, they all fly out the window and afterall that, they are already taking care of matters their own way.

So..why ask? And why not say you think it's dermatitis? Just wondering.

Love,
Prism
Ok..so it sounds a bit harsh for me..hey it's day 4 of all raw..I might be a little short..not stature, just temper. Grrrrrr..

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 27, 2007 03:39AM

just a thought too .. rinsing your ears with hydrogen peroxide results in oxygen bubbling off and water being left behind

wet, warm ear canals make good incubators for growth of bacteria.

so ..

people with dermitis in the ear should avoid water in the ear at all costs so using h2o2 is counter productive ..in fact some sort of alchohol is used in treating it .. not sure if its rubbing alchohol or ? you would have to research that and how much and how often as alchohol can be an irritant as well lol

although it feels good in the short term you maybe just incubating a chronic long term problem

winking smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2007 03:45AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 27, 2007 03:48AM

oh and there is about as many people out there that will tell you that ear-coning/candling is a farce as there are people that claim it does wonders ..

its up to you wether you wish to try it but if you dont have any wax issues which you say there is nothing in your ears then the candling/coning wont do anything for you except risk burning the ear by a careless person who doesnt know how to do it properly

i have had my ears candled/coned .. it did feel great ..but i had heavy wax build up issues not itchiness or dermitits

smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 27, 2007 06:08AM

Basia,

It sounds like your body is cleansing. What does your diet look like nowadays? Perhaps eating more simply and eating less (or even water fasting) until the symptoms disappear might make the problem heal faster. Getting more rest and sleep will also help.

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: July 27, 2007 12:33PM

Basia,

did yoU tRy INcrEdable THERAPY (this is a riddle, you have to find the U word which I've hidden so Bryan won't see it winking smiley

There is a thread about it on OTHER HEALTH RELATED. I'm treating my dog's ear for ear mite with it (not suggesting you've got ear mite) and it seems to be doing the trick. Just put a few drops in your ear a few times a day.

Good luck, Francis

Date: July 27, 2007 11:53PM

Prism
- good luck with this raw stretch...
& thank U for all the good advices,again...
that i think that i have dermatitis doesn't mean it is...
i am not always right..
that one asks for advice,doesn't mean one HAS TO take it? right?...
but
i do, love & want to hear others advices,
that is, if they had similar experience, or know of someone who did, & what helped them.....
buuuuut, no offence taken, i know what "Grrrr" mood feels like...ha ha

Jgunn - thank U for all the thoughts & advices,

Bryan - same as above, THANK U...
..that my body is cleansing, i know, i mean, i believe it is cleansing each night, as does everybody elses, as most of humans do need it, some more, of course than others....re. fasting suggestion...i wish i could, buuuuut, i have not enough flesh on my bones to go for one...done some in the past, one day ones, most of the time and regularly, & even 11 day one, buuuut, as i said...
..one day maybe again...so far i'm working on gaining some weight (yessss, an oposite challenge then most of the people)
- eating more simply & eating less, yesssss, THAT i could do, will see if i will though...
- as to more rest & sleep...those i do get in adequate amounts...
- as to my diet these days, weeeell, it includes one meal a day of cooked vegetarian food, beans & vegies that is, & occassionally, not often some fish...all to gain some weight...as 3.5 years of strictly raw ( that i loved) brought me to all bones & no flesh, week legs & transparent feeling...yessss, my digestive system must be enough affected by my life prior to raw....even though it was not that bad at all, still...
soooo
i'll think of eating less & simpler....i'll meditate on that first....
LOVE & BLESSINGS TO ALL, Basia
Frannie - U'r riddle is intriging, thank U for advice, i'll check it out...
ps.Bryan - which country r U'r ancestors from, U look like someone from....Mongolia...maybe..in that nice picture...but than again, U might be Chinese, or any other Asian nationality....how about Tibet...?...hope U don't mind, i'm very visual, being an artist, & a portrait painter, among other things...

Could it be an allergy or maybe too much mucus?
Posted by: jivana_vegan ()
Date: July 30, 2007 07:06PM

I have noticed certain things will cause my ear to itch - can't think of what they are, but I think wheat was among my suspects.

I would try to keep a notation of when it occurs in reference to what was eaten - perhaps you can't handle conventional bananas, or something like that!

Hope these words help you find a cure.

Ear-Candling might help, but I would think washing it with a saline solution would likely be more effective.

Looking at your diet above, I would advise against eating too much rice, milk, and beans - you could substitute raw-sprouted crackers/breads, almond/nut milk, and coconuts --

I 'feel' that your body is responding to something.

Our friend Hippocrates said:

Let your food be your medicine
and your medicine be your food.

I say:

You can eat your body to disease
and you can eat your body to ease!

Hope that helps.

Peace be with you.

~Khy'em

Look at this, a New Raw-Vegan Online Store:
[jivanavegan.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables