Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

GONE RAW (DAY 5) (pics)
Posted by: nowheyjose ()
Date: July 27, 2007 01:48PM

Ok people Im feeling great, i know alot of people feel weak for a few days at first but I havnt felt that yet. Im experiencing high levels of energy, and i thought I would be starving but I havnt felt that either. Usually Im a big eater no one ever believed I was vegan because of my size, so i guess the raw food has a way of controling my hunger. Its been really fun finding new dishes and getting creative in the kitchen. I been making yummy concoctions Ive included a picutre of my mangocado salsa i made, and boy was it yummy, that accompanied with a nice smoothie my taste buds were exploding with flavor. Im thinking I may make this my permanent lifestyle instead of just 30 days... lets see... next on my list is getting some of those superfoods shazzie preaches about, especialy that raw chocolate hmmm yummmy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2007 01:51PM by nowheyjose.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GONE RAW (DAY 5) (pics)
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 27, 2007 02:02PM

Beautiful!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: July 27, 2007 02:58PM

That looks so pretty!!!

What's the recipe for the salsa?

Thank you smiling smiley

Posted by: nowheyjose ()
Date: July 27, 2007 06:12PM

1 nice size mango or 2 small ones
1/2 of a medium sized avocado
1/4 cup of chopped red and green bell pepper
2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic chopped or minced
1 lemon or lime squeezed
3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons of olive oil
l/2 orange squeezed
1/2 red onion minced
1/2 teaspoon of black ground pepper
1/2 tablespoon of basil
pinch of sea salt or not
green leaves of choice Romaine lettuce, Kale, Collards even celery sticks work nice

(these are the only ingredients i had but the recipe might be better with tomatoes)

First I combined the lemon/lime juice, orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, red onion, cilantro, black pepper, basil and salt, in a container and let it sit for an hour.

Then i diced up the avocado, mango, red and green peppers, and garlic, put in one container and then i combined both parts and wala. I let it sit for a while but I also tasted it before i did and it was very good right away. Pick your favorite green leaf and spread it across and anjoy. Your taste buds to go crazy and love you for it. yummy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables