Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

skin breakout help
Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: July 30, 2007 04:17AM

Hello

Is it possible to have a face breakout due to massage oils/body butter ( organic, vegan, cold pressed) used on the body-excluding the face. I notice that I`ve had breakouts on my face a few times in the last few months and it just so happened to be around the time I massage body butters and oils on the rest of my body.Is there, could there be any connection??

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2007 04:22AM by vegangoddess.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: skin breakout help
Posted by: Bikini ()
Date: July 30, 2007 07:25AM

...yes, your oils and body butters could be causing your breakouts. It's possible the natural fragrance in the massage oils and butters are causing an acme-like allergic reaction, or that the oils and butters you are choosing to use on your skin are too heavy for your skin type.

the one oil i have had success in using to moisturize my skin which is very compatable with all skin types ( and can be used all over the body as well as the scalp and hair) is organic jojoba oil. I have never added any essential oils to it, but i am sure you could add a few drops of pure essential lavender oil to the jojoba oil for a soothing skin combination if you like scented products.

peace
love
joy
i breathe in
i breathe out
Bikini

Re: skin breakout help - 2
Posted by: Bikini ()
Date: July 30, 2007 07:32AM

...or it's possible that you are inadvertantly using your hands to swipe your face or touch your face after applying your body products and the products are too greasy/harsh for your face and it causes breakouts.
Try washing your hands immediately after applying your body stuff and experiment with what happens....

Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: July 30, 2007 10:16PM

thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 31, 2007 05:05AM

yep you should try to work in as much as you can into your skin and wipe off any excess that doesnt abosorb .. oil sitting on the skin attracts dirt and dust and keeps it there smiling smiley

after awhile of using any particular product you should find out how much is just enough and then you wont waste it wiping it off smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 03, 2007 03:19AM

Yeah, definitely. I just had a facial and my aesthetician was like, "Ok, what's going on here? back in April you had nearly perfect skin, and now you have alot of breakouts." Well we determined that it was the new sunscreen I had been using, Banana Boat, which she said is known to be very pore clogging (it says non-comedogenic on the bottle!)... she said use Neutrogena. I said that's what I always used to use. So I'm back to Neutrogena now.

Also I've been moisturizing with olive oil on my face for years, the key is to make sure your skin is wet before applying any oil, so the oil won't clog your pores or feel greasy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2007 03:24AM by sunshine79.

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: August 03, 2007 01:54PM

i used to moisturise with olive oil but the acidity was burning my face. So now I'm using almond oil. Coconut oil didn't work for me. I would like to try olive oil again. Do you use ordinary olive oil?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables