Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need some advice on high calorie diet
Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: July 31, 2007 06:49AM

I started the RAW diet at 185 lbs of a fairly lean muscular body. I thought 155 lbs was definitely the weight where I would level off and then rebound but I'm sitting at 142 lbs now. I feel that I have detoxed alot over the last 2 years with my fasting and using certain products so I don't think my body is in detox.

I really got to take some action so I added Hemp Protein powder to my diet along with Brazilian nuts. Other high calorie foods I eat are Avocados & Mangoes & Udo's choice 3-6-9.

I would appreciate advice on more high calorie foods that I could experiement with. Thanks!

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need some advice on high calorie diet
Posted by: Mocha ()
Date: July 31, 2007 12:25PM

Flex
The first thing I would do is recommend Dr.Grahams book, to understand what approach to the raw food lifestyle your going to take(roughly 80/10/10 - High fat). Then once you've made your choice up you caloric intake respectively, sweetfruit(80/10/10) or excess nuts,seeds,and overfats(high fat), the reason why I call them excess is because the use of nuts and seed are used in 80/10/10, just in smaller incriments.
- I understand what your going through right now, just on a different level. One year ago I was 70.5 inches and 165lb strong side linebacker. Since then i've undergone some spiritual changes and transitioned to the raw foods lifestyle(80/10/10). I know you must be frightened to a certain extent. When I went through my initial detox I got as low as 115 over 3 months! Now my body has stabilized and Im 126 and solidsmiling smiley Just keep up the good work and remember you always have the forums for help. Ill include my menu plan for the day so you've something to base your meals on. I always try to eat seasonaly orgainc and do alot of exercise so my caloric needs are no less than 2600, but some days much higher to maintain.
Breakfast: 638Kcal/12GProtien/4GFat
-22 Apricots
-2 Mangos
Blend the mangos into sauce and 1/2 the apricots, dip the apricots into mango sauce.
Lunch: 1087Kcal/10GProtien/1GFat
-15 Dates
-2 Cucumber
Cut the dates in 1/2 and make 15 slices out of each cucumber, enjoy!
Dinner: 896Kcal/30GProtien/14GFat
-Mango and Lime Juice: 1 Mango(sliced or chunked) drizzle of fresh lime juice.
-Sweet Tomato Soup: 2 mangos and 1 tomato, blended
-Mango Red Peper Salad: 1Bunch Spinach, 1Peeled Cucumber, 1Med Tomato, and 1Tbsp Hemp Seeds;Dressing: 1 Mango and 1 Red Pepper, blend.
Total: 2622Kcal/53GProtien/20GFat
Hope this helpssmiling smiley

> Myspace: [www.myspace.com]
> Blog: [chefdemocha.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: July 31, 2007 01:32PM

Flex4life,

I am 5 ft 7 in and at 101 lbs right now. I'm down around 25 lbs since starting last October but I feel good though. I follow 80/10/10 too and think Mocha is giving you excellent advice. I don't like being this light either but as long as I feel good I'm staying with it. Have recently started some weight training and am amazed how quickly the muscle is coming in.

I tried the hemp protien powder once and it just sat in my stomach so I discontinued using it. Whenever I have relied on a supplement without exception I have always ended up regretting it. I do eat some fat most every day but try to keep it to no more than 1/2 an avocado or 5 - 6 olives or 1/4 cup of nuts for an optimum detox level. Doug Graham really stresses the importance of staying on whole fresh foods - no supplements and low fat. There are those days though when I just have to rely on faith lol!

Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: July 31, 2007 11:59PM

Storm ( www.gardendiet.com) has lots of information on this....

Date: August 02, 2007 03:14PM

Thanks Mocha, Dulset & VeganGoddess!

Mocha, I like how you make your recipes, they sound quite tasty. Looking at your meal plan, I can say you eat quite abit more then me, I think I'll have to add another meal. My typical meal day is:

2 apples
2 bananas
1 avocado (or mango)
1 head of lettuce (romaine, red leaf or green)

Supplements: MSM, Udo's choice 3-6-9, Beyond Greens

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 02, 2007 03:16PM

flex4life...why do you take the MSM? I was taking it for a while (about 1 month) due to joint pain, but stopped because I really don't like taking supplements. I'd like to hear your experience with it and what brand you use. Thanks

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 02, 2007 03:57PM

vegangoddess Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Storm ( www.gardendiet.com) has lots of
> information on this....

thats all u eat in a day? a 6th grade school girl eats more food than that man! move up to about 2000 calories, 60g's of protein (assuming u workout). How tall are you? 142 lbs? bulk up for a few months to about 180 then cut down...

Date: August 02, 2007 07:19PM

Islandgirl, I use Prairie Naturals MSM: [canadianvitamins.com]

Its an anti-inflammatory, helps me with muscle soreness and my skin feels alot better.

natural07, I'm 6'0, I must admit I don't have much of an appetite since I went RAW, I never feel hungry. Maybe I should start sprinting and lifting some weights and see if it comes back.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 02, 2007 07:43PM

thanks for the MSM info...I wish I was never hungry...I'm hungry all the time!

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: August 03, 2007 01:17AM

flex4life- if your not detoxing right now, Id definately start lifting again. Your metabolism will increase some and you'll be hungrier and be able to put down more food. Stick to compound lifts. Just my .02

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables