Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

please help
Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: August 02, 2007 12:04AM

So you all know I have struggled with health adn overeating for years. It is really bad and my body has fallen apart. My friends are all watching in horror as I kill myself. I think I have resigned myself to dying. I have all but given up. My doc just did some tests that show that I have some advanced e coli bacteria stuff. He says that without antibiotics I run the risk of death. And he prescribes a high protein and green and no sugar diet to ward off flare ups. I was on my way to fast when he called me with this info. I was going to try to clear my body again naturally and see if I could recapture my health and spirit this way. What would you do if you were in my shoes? I cannot think cleary right now and could use some imput? Do I do what the doc says or do I go fast for a while?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: please help
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 02, 2007 12:44AM

Jeez. That's a tough one.

I'd say don't try to be a hero. I'd say take the antibiotics to get rid of the e coli. You might be able to abstain from food for a day (or 2) at a time during the course of the antibiotics (and that could be very helpful), but check with the doctor to see what he says.

Try to stay vegan.

Twice in the last 20 years or so, I've had a life-threatening condition, although I was eating all vegan and 97% - 100% raw. Water fasting did absolutely nothing, but antibiotics saved my life.

Another time (more recently), I took antibiotics, and my one day of water fasting semed to help more than the antibiotics, but that was for something relatively minor.

Sometimes a life-threatening situation calls for extreme measures. You can still work on staying vegan and even staying raw while you take antibiotics. Fasting is just that - FAST, but fasting NEVER leads to health if it isn't combined with a consistly healthier lifestyle.

So I'd say take the antibiotics, get outside and walk (or run) everyday, join a yoga class, and work on maintaining a more consistent diet.

Resign yourself to life!

Wish you all the best, dancerinthenight. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2007 12:47AM by suncloud.

Posted by: khale ()
Date: August 02, 2007 01:51AM

I'd take the antibiotics.

khale

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 02, 2007 02:36AM

I've been reading and answering your posts for a while, and I get that you are committed to working on your healing. And though you are working on this really hard, it seems like your body is not responding to the work you are doing.

Perhaps we could talk over the phone. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will send you my phone number and we could talk. Perhaps from our conversation you might find a starting place to play with your search for your excellent health.

Bryan

PS: I tried sending you a private message, but your inbox was full.

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 02, 2007 02:42AM

You are too young and beautiful to let your life waste away. You are here on this planet for a reason. Don't give up. Do whatever you have to do to live! You're worth it...and every life that you will impact in the future will be blessed by your existance. I believe that we will face difficult challenges in life for a reason...and as we get through them, we can later use them in the future to be a tour guide of sorts for someone else who might be facing the same difficulties. Nothing lasts forever...this TOO shall PASS!!! Do what you have to do to get through it and then move past it.

If you're want to talk, I'm more than willing to be there for you on a personal level if you want to email me directly ( islandgirl1642@hotmail.com). I have done a lot of mentoring with young people your age and don't ever want you to feel as though you are alone.I"m here for you...

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 02, 2007 03:25AM

take the antibiotics. like islandgirl said, you are soooo special and you are here for a reason. do not give up.it WILL pass. take the antibiotics and get some help for the emotional pain you are going through. you need to realize what a gift you have been given in having a life on this planet and that you are beautiful, special and irreplaceable. you also need to realize that you are a gift to other people. there are people who need you and the special gifts you and only you possess. pm me if you want to get my email and talk. you are valuable
patty

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 02, 2007 04:02AM

dancerinthenight
you are a diamond in the rough

someone told me that of myself about 20 years ago when i was in a really bad place.
it has stuck with me
believe it
embrace it
live it

patty

Posted by: perbetty ()
Date: August 02, 2007 03:29PM

Dear Dancerinthenight,

I've resigned myself to dying before. It's a relaxing place to be, because there's no fear of death. But it's only half of the equation. To be truly free, one must not be afraid to live, either. When I was suffering from ovarian cancer, I did lose my fear of death, but I also gained a fear of life--a life that was so painful and sad and hopeless that I just wanted to give up on it. To get out of this, I didn't bother to try hard or work at anything. I didn't have admirable courage. I didn't even "fight" my cancer. I know that works for some, but I'm not a fighter. I just surrendered control. I realized that I'm not up for making anything happen, so I put forth my intention, to be at peace and to live so I could be there for my son.

My input is, decide on an intention. What do you want the outcome to be? Hold a steady picture of your ideal outcome, even though it may be hard to imagine anything good right now. You might have to really work on imagining something ideal, but it's the only work you really have to do. Once you have the picture, maintain it at the front of your mind in the face of everything else. Then, just follow the path layed out for you. It's there, even though you can only see enough to make one step at a time.

Everyone is so right. We all look at your picture and hurt to see someone so lovely hurting. We so want you to be well.

Love, Betty

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 02, 2007 05:13PM

hoping and praying that you get the help you need and have the power and strength to accept it

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 03, 2007 02:12AM

Suncloud, just out of curiosity, what 2 life-threatening conditions did you have? Contagion theories fascinate me, I'm always wondering what diseases could or could not happen on raw.

Thanks!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 03, 2007 03:05AM

Hi sunshine79,

To answer your question, one was an amoeba that I've talked about here before. I probably contracted it some time before I started going all raw, during the time I had an eating disorder. I'm concluding that because one of the symptoms I'd had for many years - severe heartburn - completely disappeared very soon after getting rid of the amoeba. I'm sure my immune system was very much impaired at the time the amoeba probably got into me. During the years I believe that I had it, I fasted and ate only fruit many times, especially toward the last months when I could hardly eat at all anyway. It helped ease the pain, but it didn't get rid of the amoeba, and the amoeba just got worse and worse.

The other was a very serious staff infection that entered my bloodstream. I tried to cure it by fasting and eating only oranges, but it just got worse and worse. I think maybe for some of us it can take several years to develop a strong resistance to infection and disease, and maybe we're never completely invulnerable to all disease, no matter how we eat (or don't eat).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2007 03:17AM by suncloud.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 03, 2007 03:16AM

Dancer, Sorry to hear about your health problems. I asked my friend and he recommended that you use a 2.7-3 Kilohertz Parasite Zapper and Take Noni in veggie capsules. I hope you get better soon. Therese

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 03, 2007 03:29AM

oh Suncloud I remember your amoeba story from awhile back! Scary!

and the staph... huh. ok that's def something to think about!

Thanks!!

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: August 03, 2007 01:51PM

you could take lots of probiotics after the antibiotics to rebalance your flora!best of luck!X

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 03, 2007 05:01PM

Even though I tend to disagree with doctors at times they do have some valuable information concerning our health. There are some situations that makes it necessary to use what the doctors give us. We live and learn along the way.

I would say build your health and take the antibiotics the doctor gives you. Fight for your life. You are worth it.

There are times when it is important to just plainly fight for your health and life. Break yourself out of the cycle and learn a new way

You are in my prayers......................

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: August 03, 2007 09:58PM

So, Dancerinthenight, just wondering if you've read any of the replies to your post and how you are doing.

I would suggest you take Bryan up on his offer, since that way you have someone experienced with raw foods to help you, even if you decide to take the anti-biotic. Sometimes you have to clear up the rampant infection in order to get a handle on it, so that you can have strength to re-build your health.

Roe Gallo is another raw foodist I would reach out to via her website and e-mail since she went against all Dr.'s orders and came out alive and healthier for it. She has a book called Perfect Body, it was my first raw food book and I loved it.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: August 04, 2007 03:42AM

Best wishes, hoping things work out for you. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables