Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

going off raw has been a disaster.
Posted by: shaine ()
Date: August 04, 2007 10:56PM

I've been off raw for about two weeks. I don't know what happened. pressure from a boyfriend, (deserved after I drooled over his french toast one morning), and just sliding down the road one meal after another.
I am anxious. REALLY anxious--all the time. I haven't felt like this the entire time I was raw. Going off it has shown me how much more I enjoy life when I'm raw. I've had aggressive thoughts, and pent up frustration toward people I love and enjoy. I have gained at least 5 pounds (on a very little frame, so it shows and physically hurts even).
Today is my first day of a cleanse to leave this all behind. It's how I went raw in the first place--no transition, just the detox, then totally raw. It worked. I guess the temptation came because I didn't have the comparison between raw and cooked for so long, I forgot. I didn't think I'd have detox syptoms this time around, having only polluted myself for two weeks. But I have a headache. maybe my body was just so shocked.
I'm leaving LA on Tuesday morning for the east coast--driving (Mass, then NYC). I'm doing the cleanse from now until I get home.
THE POINT OF THIS POST IS AS FOLLOWS:
I will not go off raw again.
But for those having misgivings...going off it has totally convinced me beyond any doubt that being raw is absolutely better for you as a whole person.
If you can take my word for it, and not have to do this expirement yourself, that's the best route. But really feeling this is eye opening--almost as enlightening as going raw was in the first place.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2007 10:56PM by shaine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: going off raw has been a disaster.
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 04, 2007 11:03PM

I think you really nailed it. You just forgot! Not hard to do when you start feeling really good on raw.

Thanks for giving us all a good reminder!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2007 11:06PM by suncloud.

Date: August 04, 2007 11:10PM

I also was giving off a scent that I didn't recognize as myself. It reminded me instantly of the way an ex who was a carnivore smelled when I woke with him in the morning. I wasn't that awful, but certainly on the offensive side.

and to refer to the "sweating" thread--I was sweating thick stickiness. where, on raw I barely sweat, or don't notice that I do.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 04, 2007 11:52PM

((((shaine)))) we all need reminders for why we are the way we are. you didn`t fail or anything you simply etched it (the raw way of life) deeper into your being smiling smiley
glad you`re "back" and have a safe trip
patty

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 04, 2007 11:54PM

shaine, I totally understand. I have to go back to raw once I find that cooked doesn't work. I've tried many times and each time, the ill effects come quicker. There is another thread about vegans who choose to only date vegans. I think you're referring to it. The smell of the carnivore thread is an allergan for me so I cannot conceive of dating someone who is not vegan. No matter how cute.

Anyhow, welcome back to reality. Be careful driving. If you get tired, pull into a safe-looking rest area or convenience store parking lot and rest your eyes. I drove from Phoenix to Ohio is about 2 days and ate Larabars for almost the entire time. I also had a hydration pack filled with distilled water. I wish you success and health! Therese

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 05, 2007 07:01PM

Maybe the next time you're craving french toast, you can try these pancakes (from Bryan Au's "raw in Ten Minutes"winking smiley...
1 cup golden flax seeds ground into powder (I use a spice/coffee grinder)
4 TB olive oil
2 TB water

Mix all ingredients together. Use a fork and make sure to press down and mix very well until all the flax is coated and the whole mix is really togetehr. Split the mixture in half, form a ball with your hands and then flatten on a f=plate and do the same with the other half. Drizzle with Agave or raw honey and enjoy.

For me...having a replacement plan to go to helps to keep me from falling off the wagon completely. Welcome back to the wagon train.

Date: August 06, 2007 01:31AM

island girl, thanks for the recipe.
I'll make it when I have my blender back on the east coast.
LA has been a trip---good and bad.
I already feel better, two days away from cooked food.
I'm a little tired from the cleanse, but I've done this before, and I know I'll get a rush of energy.
As far as the drive, some friends are worried about me being on a cleanse while I do it. I appreciate and understand their concern. But I know from past experience that I gain incredible clarity a few days into it...and in fact have trouble sleeping a full 8 hours.
I look forward to the day months from now, where I can be comfortable without curiosity, being totally raw.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: Starglider ()
Date: August 06, 2007 02:21AM

Shaine,

Thank you so much for this post. Everytime I hear someone say this, it renews my commitment to not going off of raw even one tiny bit. I appreciate hearing about your experience. That is what happened to me in my first month raw when I ate cooked food... It amazes me how quickly the negative symptoms come and how long they last. Raw is the way and I realize I have to put a lot of energy into getting support and having raw food available. Best wishes in your journey!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables