Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Future of Food
Posted by: logan ()
Date: August 05, 2007 09:25PM

[youtube.com]

this is part 1 of seven

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Future of Food
Posted by: smilebig ()
Date: August 05, 2007 10:57PM

Logan -

Thank you for sharing this with us. I watched the first 4 parts and will be watching the remaining 3.

I felt grief when Japan said that they'll be watching the children of America for the next ten years to see how GMOs are affecting them. We are but guinea pigs.

The 'Flavor Savor' tomato caused stomach lesions in rats, but the company produced and sold them anyway. Thank God the Flavor Savor didn't hold up well during transportation and Americans didn't care for them, so they were discontinued being grown.

How many disease causing foods DO hold up well during transport and DO taste great that are being sold on the market right now?

They don't call greed one of the Seven Deadly sins for nothing, the key word being 'deadly'.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 07, 2007 03:50PM

i just watched all the episodes and i am scared, appalled, and confused. how do we stop this? how do we fight the multi billion dollar companies that are pushing for this? how do we even know if we are buying genetically engineered foods if they aren`t required to put it on the label?
patty

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 07, 2007 05:20PM

You don't. LOL. More and more....it will be incumbent on healthier individuals to provide alternatives......in the form of supporting local growers...organic growers....and establishing a routine of growing your own fresh produce. NEVER leave your health in SOME ONE ELSE'S hands! LOL. Just my opinion.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: August 07, 2007 05:58PM

yea but, according to what codex is trying to do the standards for labeling organic produce will be more lax. only 70% of the methods will be required to be organic as i understand.
patty

Date: August 07, 2007 06:24PM

plus the fact that they are genetically altering the actual seed....so if the seed is genetically altered then the fruit of the seed will be altered.
patty

Posted by: logan ()
Date: August 07, 2007 09:44PM

Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: August 08, 2007 01:29AM

that is seriously so appaling. so are you safe from GMO's if you buy organic? that's what i thought.

in that case the only way to be safe is to buy from local growers who you know don't use gmo or ... grow your own. which is impossible if you live in a place like i do where for 6 months of the year the ground is buried in 2 ft of snow!

i'm surprised more of the public don't care or pay much attention to the affects of eating genetically modified produce.

Date: August 08, 2007 02:14AM

for right now i think we are semi safe. did you watch the series? it is an eye opener. so far organic is protected but codex is trying to make it so that organic farmers only have to utilize 70% organic farming to label it organic. their goal would be to not have to label it at all. it`s scary the way this is going. global power is all these people care about. i wonder what they eat?
patty

Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: August 08, 2007 03:20AM

dewey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
global power is all
> these people care about. i wonder what they eat?
> patty

no kidding!

Posted by: Kristen's Raw ()
Date: August 10, 2007 07:27AM

This is such a powerful dvd. I have watched it on many occasions and I share it with everyone I can.

Kristen Suzanne
--
www.KristensRaw.com
www.KristensRaw.blogspot.com

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 10, 2007 07:34AM

i'm going to get all my food from davey mason's garden

either that or grow ALL my food

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables