Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Enema
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 09, 2007 04:06PM

Hi Guys,

Since the time i have started raw foods, everything is going way too fast for me. I go into detox fast, I have enormous cravings. I thought may be I need to eat cooked so I started eating some ezeikel bread in the afternoon and some cooked veggies in the night. But now I feel like i am totally blowing it, I have been eating pizza and donuts and cup cakes. Totally not what I want to do but I am unable to resist the strong cravings. The only thing that makes me feel better is colonics. I am going for colonics every 8-10 days but now its getting expensive.

I am thinking of doing enemas myself because I see a lot of raw foodists dont even have access to colonics and they do pretty well with enemas. I have never dont that stuff before and I am kind of scared to do it myself. Are there any recommendations for what type of enema to use? How often can one do enemas? When I do 100 percent raw I feel stuff loosen up in 3 to 4 days and cravings hit the roof, is it safe to do a enema every 4 days or so?

I am not liking that I am eating the wrong foods and I really want to do something about these cravings.

Any thoughts, ideas, recommendations would help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Enema
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: August 09, 2007 04:25PM

yes, eat more of the fresh raw foods you love, in the quanities that seem right for YOU, but that always leave you satisfied. For many this means eating more fruit to curb their carb cravings..and to fulfil whatever calorie 'needs' they have from their 'energy expenditure'

colonics and enemas should not be used to make up for eating poorly (in the present anyway) or to curb cravings...and IMO has less to do with clearing out foods, but in dealing with puterifaction that is building up in the system from eating a very cleansing diet. If your diet is not clean (8-10 days I would think would only be necessary if one was eating just light fruits, salads and juices, or juice fasting) then its only a matter of eating more fiberous foods (tons of vegies, and a good ammount of fruits) just to keep things moving.

the emotional stuff (which you are correct in observing has a BIG physical component...related to toxins in the bloodstream and/or other nasty un-nameables) should be handled seperately using the more 'spiritual' tools

if you want to keep doing the cooked starch in the evening..keep it simple..(and also get all the other stuff out of the house!) eat tons of raw vegies beforehand, or some fruit with greens. avoid eating late. make smaller goals...or a spiritual commitment to being vegan, should also help.

best of luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2007 04:27PM by anaken.

Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 09, 2007 05:03PM

anakan...can you expalin "putrification that is building up in the system from eating a very cleansing diet? what does this mean?

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 09, 2007 05:59PM

i think it means that all the previous cooked foods we ate made that mucoploid stuff that sticks to the walls of our intestines and blocks absorption of any nutrients we take in from the foods we eat causes the foods to get putrified and are not expelled correctly and quickly? LOL did that even make sense?? i know what i`m thinking in my head but i can`t put it into words LOL. am i even close anaken?
patty

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 09, 2007 06:26PM

I agree with Anaken. Somewhere between all cupcakes and all-colonics/beansprouts......you'll find a level of raw that you are VERY comfortable with to start with. Be HONEST about that....then seek to stretch (not pull or tear) directly from there. Just my opinion/experience.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: August 09, 2007 08:20PM

How many colonics did you get recently? Isn't it harmful to do too many? I'd be feeling so drained. Water from small home use enema bottles only reach up into the lower part of the bowel and of course the quantity of water is only a fraction.
If I do them, I get a fleet enema bottle from the story and fill it with water.

I have read in two rawfood books (German though so I can't give an exact quotation) that small enemas are safe for daily use, say in the evening when you had other, naturally occurring bowelmovements (or just one) during the day. That way you make sure the bowel doesn't become needing the enema to produce a movement.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 10, 2007 03:27PM

Thankyou guys for the replies.

To be honest, I am a bit confused now. Are the cravings because of not getting enough carbs or because of the toxins being released in the body due to a raw diet? Fruits do keep me full but it also causes gas, plus I have a history of yeast and candida so I am not sure of having fruits. Altough fruits are filling and satisfying, I manage to eat a maximum of 2 bananas and 2 plums a day or some blueberries sometimes.

Where veggies are concerned, I have my 32 oz mixed veggie juice in the morning and a salad for lunch with one avocado. After that in the evening I have a very small salad followed by cooked or sometimes I will do all raw, in that case my raw preparation is a nori roll with nut meat pate or bulgur wheat pilaf. I realised that I am not getting enough veggies for the primary reason that I dont enjoy raw broccoli, green beans, cauliflower etc. My range of raw veggies are baby zuchinnis, raw corn, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, jicama, avocado, thats it. So I see that I am not eating enough veggies and at the same time I havent really stepped up to eating all raw veggies.

So I am wondering if I did have more fruits would that be ok? Also any suggestions on what veggies I could try?

Also, how do I know if the cravings are due to less carbs or due to toxins being released? Because only then can I make a decision on whether to do enemas/colonics or eat more carbs right?

Emotionally I feel that I have not been able to cope with the light feeling raw foods give. The light feeling almosts makes me feel like I havent eaten anything and sometimes just one small baked potato is enough to make me feel full and then
I am able to sleep better. What do I need to do to get used to this light feeling or it will happen in time? I was thinking of meditating, then again I m resisting that too.

Thankyou guys for your support.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: August 10, 2007 03:38PM

hmm, in this case i'd say you probablly arn't eating enough carbs (fruits). the meals actually ARE too light (calorie wise) leaving you feeling frantic and crashing on other foods. if you are adding more fruits (very light still, but with more calories) and still having cravings..then you know its more of an emotional thing.

sure, I don't eat broccoli, green beans, or cauliflower, or any raw starch. 'tons of veggies' I meant greens, celery, some of the alkaline fruits you mentioned (peppers, cucs, etc..) then should be filling in volume and minerals prior to some cooked starch to cap things off, feel more grounded etc..without turning to tons of raw fats.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 10, 2007 04:19PM

why are you resisting meditation?
patty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables