Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Almonds This is Cool!
Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: August 16, 2007 01:08AM

well everyone.. I just called Anderson Almonds and they said the date has been pushed back for pastuerization of almonds until March, where apparently another meeting will take place.

I guess Anderson Almonds and Big Tree Organic Farms both have a MANY raw food customers.

It's a start.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Almonds This is Cool!
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 16, 2007 03:25AM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 16, 2007 04:20AM

All riiiiiiiight!!!!!!!!!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 16, 2007 04:57AM

Great news, I had given up hope.

Is there any way to keep up the momentum?

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: August 16, 2007 11:24AM

Good I hope this thing gets stopped! Amazing that they are trying to do this but wont enforce stricter control over the E-coli (and other bacteria) laiden meat industry.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 16, 2007 12:43PM

Hello I am new to the site -

Just woundering does RAW mean you dont eat HOT food?

Posted by: frances ()
Date: August 16, 2007 03:00PM

Be careful buying almonds despite the delay in the law. Handlers were expecting to have to pasteurize beginning in less than two weeks. Many of them undoubtedly have the infrastructure already, and they may already be using it and labeling the result "raw". Remember to question.

Posted by: cricri ()
Date: August 16, 2007 03:50PM

A question that might not sound too intelligent: why are they planning on pasteurizing the poor almonds? Not that I would find any raw almonds in Romania but it seems I'm immigrating to Canada at the right time. By the way Canadians, is this happening there too?

love,
peace
cricri

Date: August 16, 2007 05:32PM

cricri... California produces around 97% of the world's almonds from what I understand... so yes if california pastuerized its almonds then yes it would affect Canada since Canada gets its almonds from California.

frances... buy direct from growers like www.andersonalmonds.com or from this place www.bigtreeorganicfarms.com. The latter came from a group of farmers that came together to sell almonds. They are committed to selling truly raw almonds.

aswayn... in a matter of speaking... do some research and you'll find a ton of answers... read the info on this site.

Posted by: Asnerek ()
Date: August 17, 2007 01:24AM

I am so, so happy about this!
Just yesterday I went to Trader Joes and bought our their raw almonds, lol.
If nothing else, we have been bought a little time!
Thank you for the update!
Kerensa

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere...they are in each other all along
Rumi

Posted by: Azure-Mermaid ()
Date: August 17, 2007 04:47PM

My first post here ... I hope this won't be considered spamming, because it's not! I just wanted to share what I did yesterday.

I ordered ten pounds (yikes!) of raw almonds from D&S Ranches in Selma, California. Shipping was free, so I figure I got a good deal! There's a blurb on their site about how they have never (and will NOT) pasteurize their almonds ... something about them being a "farm" and not a "handler", thus not being subject to the new federal regulations.

Can't wait to get my "almond stash"! The only difficulty is going to be finding room for 'em in the fridge. We've just started eating a raw diet, and the fridge is FULL of produce!

[www.almonds-from-california.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 17, 2007 05:01PM

hiya Azure smiling smiley very cool wish i could get them into canada lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: August 17, 2007 05:17PM

jgunn you can get almonds by the case sent to canada... you just have to pay the duty on the case... it's still WWWAAAAAAAYYYY cheaper than the $23 a pound that natural food stores in Canada usually charge.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 17, 2007 05:22PM

Why can't we get them in Canada, Jodi?

They sound great.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 17, 2007 05:37PM

well im sure we can get them now .. from what i understand of the cross border shipping ...paturization will be required before entry into canada if those rules kick in

i go across the border every other day doing commercial shipping and I can ask the guy at the agri desk again what his thoughts are on it smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 18, 2007 01:18AM

morrisson, That is great news. Thanks for sharing. I was trying to mentally gear up to the end of the almond era. Now, I can make almond milk without feeling that I won't be able to drink it in the future. Very comforting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables