Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Three Bowels of Soup
Posted by: khale ()
Date: August 17, 2007 06:56PM

For those of you who don't know: I've been in terrible pain since last Saturday with what appears to be a back issue and I've been seeing a chiropractor every day since Tuesday of this week.

Something interesting: While discussing my x-rays yesterday the doc glossed over the unusual appearance of my colon at the hepatic flexure and a small portion of the transverse colon. Please note that it is not typical for the colon to show up on x-rays of this nature unless there are abnormalities. The doc, because only a small portion of the colon was visible, saw nothing to be concerned about and wrote it off as probably a little gas, but I couldn't get it off my mind all day yesterday. For one thing, if I backed into my x-rays, the locus of my primary complaint would be exactly at this spot, or at the hepatic flexure/transverse. Then Pakd4fun wrote that she had "three bowels of soup" and that was that...

Regardless of what the doc says, my intuition is telling me to look at the bowel. (He, my doc, accused me of "grasping at straws"winking smiley So, instead of going back for more chiropractic adjustments Monday I will likely be scheduling a series of colonics. I could have an impaction, or some diverticuli, and perhaps some infection as well, although the chiropractor says that I am not showing signs of infection in the bowel when he presses there. But since he doesn't KNOW what is wrong and is already talking MRI's and blood work, I'm going to go with my intuition here.

Any experience, suggestions or advice?

khale

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Three Bowels of Soup
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 17, 2007 07:28PM

my advice is to go with your intuition smiling smiley you know your body better than anybody and that`s all that needs to be said smiling smiley
patty

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: August 17, 2007 07:47PM

I agree, go with your intuition. Interestingly, I go to a japanese shiatsu guy every once in a while. Once when I had backpain I went there and he asked me if I don't have any stomach or digestion pains, he said he could feel that from my back. He then kind of pushed into a spot on my stomach and sure enough it hurt like hell (which it is not supposed to do).
I didn't have any conclusion from this in terms of what to do but it corresponds with your intuition about a bowel problem expressing itself as backpain.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: August 17, 2007 10:20PM

I went to the chiro for 2 months, and did their whole protocol..with little results. The only thing that helped was the excercises for stretching, but it didn't help much.

I'm about 100% sure now that my 'sciatica' pain was also like your pain..from the inside out starting with the digestive organs and colon. The acv helped a tremendous amount and I've been taking it for 2 months now. But the parasite and worm cleanse I'm doing has been really someting. I believe that the numb spot that I've had just above my right knee for years, is actually starting to come alive again. After 16 years it might be hard for my brain to computer this occourance, so I'm being cautious about mentioning it until now.

I also have done a series of colon cleanses with a hydrotherapist and I like them a lot, but it didn't do anyting for my back, hip, thigh and knee pain.

So, I believe that the acv, and the parasite cleanse is what has/is helping the most. Do the colon cleanses, but think about doing a parasite cleanse along with them..that's what I'd do now myself. I am doing some enemas though.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 17, 2007 10:58PM

LoL!!! "Three bowels of soup." Oops.

I think you know your body best. I have more faith in you knowing what is wrong than anyone. Maybe I was sending you a sign with my typo. Ha!! How can thinking you know what might be wrong with you be "grasping at straws?" That doesn't make since at all. It sounds like the pieces are starting to come together like a puzzle. If you didn't investigate that I think it would be a mistake.

Good luck!!! I really want you to feel better soon. I am sending some feel better energy your way and also some enlightenment energy smiling smiley.

Date: August 17, 2007 11:36PM

Thanks guys

Pakd4fun: I hope that I wasn't being insensitive in pointing out what was clearly a typo. Personally, I love "three bowels of soup"; it has a nice ring to it. It combines being "in the soup" with "the bowels of hell" or something...lol some weird initiation rite or whathaveyou...

Prism: You're advice is especially valuable since it comes from experiencing both chiropractry and colon hydrotherapy. I wouldn't really expect colonics to help with back pain necessarily either, but the thing is that I'm still not 100% that what I'm feeling IS back pain or pain coming through the back, know what I mean? I appreciate you sharing your take on it. I think I'll take the weekend to think it over.

khale

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: August 18, 2007 12:26AM

did you do any activity that you know led to injury of your back?

if not, all manner of pains can be quite common with detox, or I assume with intoxication.

I would schedule one hydrotherapy session. see how it goes, talk with the clinician etc...

If they are experienced, they should probably know what to do, and whether to suggest more treatments, or more drastic measures, water or juice fasts, if there is in fact damage done.

but most importantly, don't let your head get out of control based on a bunch of 'evidence', for now.

try to keep the diet very light and simple until the treatment (at a pace that is comfotable, its important not to reverse/binge this process before a treatment), no nuts or even berries or other fruits with small seeds. rest, and try to sustain on water/juice as long into the day as possible, then maybe some fruit, then an avacado salad or whatever for dinner.

I am NO expert, and no experience with this particular thing, just some ideas.

I have no doubt you will make informed/intelligent decisions

Posted by: arilraw ()
Date: August 18, 2007 04:13PM

Hello,

The first thought that poped into my mind was a kidney or urinary tract infection.

Cranberry juice has helped me.

Thanks,

arilraw

Date: August 19, 2007 05:44PM

I wonder if colloidal silver would help? I have a machine. Let me know if you need me to make it for you.

Date: August 19, 2007 07:11PM

>>>>Pakd4fun: I hope that I wasn't being insensitive in pointing out what was clearly a typo.

Of course not. I think the universe is using me to tell you something.

Date: August 19, 2007 09:04PM

Pakd4fun wrote: I think the universe is using me to tell you something.

so do i friend; so do i ; )

khale

Posted by: mangoman ()
Date: August 19, 2007 11:53PM

arilraw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
>
> The first thought that poped into my mind was a
> kidney or urinary tract infection.

Hopefully, your doc ruled this out early on. If a urinary type infection has gotten to the point of causing back pain, it is a VERY serious matter.

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: August 25, 2007 08:22PM

I have back pain every morning that doesn't go away until after I've had a bowel movement. The worst thing that I can do for my back is to allow myself to become constipated. (which doesn't actually happen anymore on raw food!) I tried to tell my doctor once and he brushed it off. Good luck with that. Please keep us posted.

Life Is Good!

alive!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables