Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Needing less cooked food?
Posted by: Shubby ()
Date: August 20, 2007 05:41PM

I am in my transition to a mostly raw diet. bMy breakfast lunch and snacks are pretty much all raw.

I sometimes have a cooked supper. Last night I made a vegan pizza and was surprised that after only 2 pieces I was anchored!!! I can usually polish off the whole thing. I did not eat anything for hours before dinner either.

Did you guys (who transitioned slowly) feel this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Needing less cooked food?
Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: August 20, 2007 05:46PM

Definitely. I also found that the cooked food started feeling like lumps that just sat in my stomach. sorry to sound gross, but cooked food began feeling like a ball of snot in my stomach after a while. this really was the last straw that put me at 100% raw. and yes, i did transition slowly. pretty much exactly the same way you have described yourself above.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 20, 2007 05:47PM

Absolutely. It gets to the point that any amount of certain cooked items makes me feel uncomfortable in a too full way. That probably doesn't make since but I don't know how else to describe it.

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: August 20, 2007 05:49PM

it makes perfect sense i think to anyone who has experienced it.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: August 20, 2007 06:10PM

Yes, it's true, you can get fuller quicker and you can end up eating much less food. Sometimes I think that's the problem, calories go way down, people end up with new health concerns, and they think it's because of the raw foods.

I'd be careful about getting enough calories per day, and eating lots of fresh produce, and then have that vegan pizza for dinner.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: frances ()
Date: August 20, 2007 06:51PM

I can relate to this too. I've been about 5 weeks raw, currently at 90-95%. If I feel like eating something cooked I don't fight the temptation - because I know if I make it a battle I'll eventually lose. (Willpower is not one of my strengths.) Still, I feel less and less tempted to eat cooked food, and when I do I very quickly feel *done*. I still enjoy the smells, tastes and textures, but after eating a comparatively modest amount I lose interest.

One day last week I ate an entire candy bar and felt generally icky for most of the day. I ate it because I was hungry, but I probably would have been better off being hungry. I've never indulged them very often, but in the past I've known they were unhealthy without actually feeling the effects (that I could tell).

Posted by: lovebird ()
Date: August 20, 2007 07:06PM

I am transitioning since June. A few days at a time I am completely raw. I notice when I eat raw only that my digestive system seems to be content and at peace. I don't know how else to describe it! I guess it is working a lot less and has plenty of time for rest. That is why I think putting food in a rested tummy makes it upset. Maybe like us, when things are pretty sweet at work and then someone dumps a bunch of work on your desk and tells you to hurry up and get it done.

-lovebird

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables