Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Are we meant to survive?
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 25, 2007 12:58AM

I am referring to the person who asked the question. Just think and we will survive.

It's all we have, our mind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: August 25, 2007 11:36PM

call me a pessimist but i believe that we will be the cause of our own destruction...and that eventully it will happen..look at all the old empires....plus for the most part people have their eyes, ears, and hearts shut off from the truth because they just want 2 continue on with what they are doing....and justify it with "i am just this way", or "i just want it", or "i feel like it"......i hope that changes but it just seems like the world is getting more and more evil

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 25, 2007 11:43PM

hey fuzzysox how was your trip smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 26, 2007 12:33AM

The world is your mirror.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: August 26, 2007 01:53AM

heres some more Emerson:

"Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual changes; it is barbarous, it is civilized, it is christianized, it is rich, it is scientific; but this change is not amelioration. For every thing that is given, something is taken. Society acquires new arts, and loses old instincts. What a contrast between the well-clad, reading, writing, thinking American, with a watch, a pencil, and a bill of exchange in his pocket, and the naked New Zealander, whose property is a club, a spear, a mat, and an undivided twentieth of a shed to sleep under! But compare the health of the two men, and you shall see that the white man has lost his aboriginal strength. If the traveller tell us truly, strike the savage with a broad axe, and in a day or two the flesh shall unite and heal as if you struck the blow into soft pitch, and the same blow shall send the white to his grave.

The civilized man has built a coach, but has lost the use of his feet. He is supported on crutches, but lacks so much support of muscle. He has a fine Geneva watch, but he fails of the skill to tell the hour by the sun. A Greenwich nautical almanac he has, and so being sure of the information when he wants it, the man in the street does not know a star in the sky. The solstice he does not observe; the equinox he knows as little; and the whole bright calendar of the year is without a dial in his mind. His note-books impair his memory; his libraries overload his wit; the insurance-office increases the number of accidents; and it may be a question whether machinery does not encumber; whether we have not lost by refinement some energy, by a Christianity entrenched in establishments and forms, some vigor of wild virtue. For every Stoic was a Stoic; but in Christendom where is the Christian?

There is no more deviation in the moral standard than in the standard of height or bulk. No greater men are now than ever were. A singular equality may be observed between the great men of the first and of the last ages; nor can all the science, art, religion, and philosophy of the nineteenth century avail to educate greater men than Plutarch's heroes, three or four and twenty centuries ago. Not in time is the race progressive. "

1841!

has a bit of a 'living naturally' is the way to BE, bent also, which I like.

it could be your thoughts...

[www.writerwriterwriter.com]
[www.lulu.com]

short and sweet....and DEEP

_____________________________________________________ ...and FREE

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: August 26, 2007 02:16AM

hey jgunn my trip was fabulous thanks for asking :]
got 2 ride some rollercoasters at least 20 times, it was awesome ;]
went 2 niagra falls, that was really pretty, except there was a ton of brown looking soap sud pollution..that was sad
all in all the whole trip was very pretty, and nice lol

coconutcream i love what you wrote that the world is your mirror, thats so very true

anaken i like your emerson quote, id say its pretty much true
is always a win lose with society

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 26, 2007 06:24PM

aquadecoco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Rawnoggin did.
> >
> > >....we should let them keep taking from the
> earth
> > till there's nothing left so as to let them
> keep
> > being 'free'? Loopy!
>
>
>
> That's a rhetorical question, not a call to arms.

Sure, but I don't agree with the philosophy.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables