Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How do I get the coconut out of the Baby tai?
Posted by: nannie11 ()
Date: August 21, 2007 08:05PM

I have just bought my first baby tai coconut and I got the top off and poured out the water into a container. I am going to make ice cream that calls for fresh coconut meat or milk (2 cups) plus 1 cup of coconut juice. I can't see any coconut meat inside of the coconuts. Can you tell me where it is supposed to be?
Also what is the difference between the milk and the water or the juice? I am used to the older coconuts that have easy to find meat in them. I feel like a real dummy but I really can't see and meat. I do see some kind of white kind of slimpy stuff, bu there really isn't that much of that either.

Please, I need your help so I can make my ice cream from "One Lucky Duck's Raw Ice Cream recipe"

thank you

JoAnn

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do I get the coconut out of the Baby tai?
Posted by: greenie ()
Date: August 21, 2007 08:11PM

The white slimy stuff is the meat. You scoop it out with a spoon and that's it.

My understanding is that coconut milk is the coconut water blended with the meat.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 23, 2007 02:37AM

The younger the coconut, the less meat there is. It's pale amethyst coloured and slightly acrid and very scanty - sometimes there's none. The next one you open might have lots of meat that's hard to scrape out (score it first with a knife).

Coconut water is what you poured out of the coconut and coconut milk is liquid processed from the meat blended with water. You can buy it canned. Oops, I just saw that greenie already said that. Well anything canned is cooked.

Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: August 29, 2007 05:09AM

where i live, i am only able to get coconuts with meat so thick and hard that you couldnt possibly 'spoon' it out. more like crack it in half and use a carrot peeler to peel the woody brown peel off. my guess is these coconuts are really old. it just sucks that i will never have like a REAL coconut !! sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables