Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Starting raw food and joint pain
Posted by: Cukes ()
Date: August 26, 2007 05:22AM

This may sound way too weird. I am only 24 and have never (ever) experienced joint pain beyond temporary injuries. I'm getting back into raw and suddenly experiencing joint pain. It will be in one part of my body and then an hour later in a totally different part of my body. It seems to be jumping from one place to the next, but usually it is in places where I've injured myself in the distant past... for example my right shoulder (bicycle accident: age 11) then like an hour later my right knee (skateboard accident: age 21). I can't attribute it to anything I've done recently, no new shoes no heavy lifting etc.. Has anyone experienced anything like this where changing their diet causes long forgotten injuries to ache? If someone has a guess at what might be happening I'd love to hear it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Starting raw food and joint pain
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 26, 2007 01:18PM

Opinion:

-Eating healthy primarily allows the breakup of internal deposits. The joints often act as 'log-jams'......or 'bends in the river'........and even 'storage points' for material as it is exiting the body. This is why joints often get inflamed in the chronically toxic.......or why joints become inflamed and painful when ill. Just another detox symptom.

-Additionally.....when eating healthy.....the body often has to break down tissue that was built with inferior proteins before rebuilding with more superior material. My joints literally re-aligned themselves as I lost many many pounds. This was painful and even debilitating...often for a few days or even a couple of weeks (in my case).

-Beginners often do not receive the information that the re-build and re-feed process (or detox) is going to make it safe for much repressed emotion and physical discomfort to emerge for healing FIRST. Only later does true long-term energy and health emerge. Any energy felt prior to that is often excito-toxins.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: August 26, 2007 02:05PM

yes, dont get 2 worried, i am only 17 and experience creaking, cracking, aching joints everywhere,{i did gymastics for 6 years] well i should say experienced,, its not really there anymore....ive been raw for 6 months and over that period of time the creaking and cracking got worse but towards the end it almost dissappeared :]
its awsome... just keep going and eventually it will be gone

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: August 26, 2007 03:17PM

I have been raw for 9 weeks now and have experianced my knee juints dont crackly as much as they did and they were real noisy. My right shoulder was giveing me lots of pain yet I feel they are healing at this time.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 26, 2007 05:58PM

Hey Fuzzy so glad you're doing great!

Posted by: mjhednrik ()
Date: August 27, 2007 07:59PM

This same thing happend to me. I work out every night in my gym and I had strong pains in my shoulders especially when working out my shoulder muscles.

This may be caused by inorganic crystals that have a tendency to stuck in your joins and when your diet gets more pure.

They get loose and can cause pains when you body is pushing them out of you system.

Here is a interesting book which explains this.

[www.bragg.com]

Cheers,

MH

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: August 27, 2007 11:38PM

yes, very astute linking it to the past

but remember, both metaphorically and physically, stretching is good, pulling the entire hamstring is not as good.

if you are just starting you can always adopt a form of diet that is more comfortable, because these types of things might take awhile to aleve.

it could be your thoughts...

[www.writerwriterwriter.com]
[www.lulu.com]

short and sweet....and DEEP

_____________________________________________________ ...and FREE

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: August 28, 2007 01:19PM

Cukes

Hi
I experience joint and muscle pain and severe headaches when i increase the amount of raw vegan food in my diet .It normally lasts between three to seven days. I then feel amazing for a few months before it happens again. Each time the pain is easier to manage.
Its like the pain arrives in waves. The pain also moves around my body.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables