Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fruitarian question
Posted by: bracken ()
Date: August 28, 2007 06:46PM

Just for curiosity can anyone tell me having only consuming fruits you don't upset your sugar levels, as fruits are just pure sugar. Does it not feed the yeasts in the body? or cause Candidia? I do consume alot of raw fruit & smoothies, & I really want to avoid this happening.

Thankyou!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fruitarian question
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 28, 2007 09:19PM

Opinion:

-I would avoid switching to all fruit in an abrupt fashion...if your diet was traditionally very bad...and your body is very toxic....with deposits.

-It is certainly true that ANYONE should be very wary of accellerating the detox process with healthy foods.....if the toxicity shock is going to be very upsetting and drastic. Bottom line: The more toxic and overweight a person is...the more they should set small goals to maintain comfortable levels.....and long-term success. This is just my opinion / experience...(having been very large and toxic! Ha! ha!).

-My experience (after eating only fruit for many years now) is that it certainly did not contribute to yeast growth in my own body.

-I think those with pre-existing medical conditions should consult their health care professional and research as many ways as possible to ameliorate/eliminate their outstanding medical issues before altering their diet in any radical fashion.

-The great thing about eating this way is that it CAN be just as simple as eating MORE fresh fruits and vegetables.....in an ever-upward and ever-comfortable spiral....for the rest of your life. There are very few reputable modern nutritionists or scientists that would not support such a mandate.

-What do you think?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: bracken ()
Date: August 29, 2007 05:49AM

Thankyou for your reply, I don't think I am that toxic as I have a very good diet, have for quite a long time now, plus i am definatly not overweight. So maybe it can't do me any harm.

Cheers!

Julie (Bracken)

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 29, 2007 06:46AM

Julie,

What do you mean by having a good diet? A lot of people think they have a good diet, yet they could be eating a 40% fat diet or foods that don't serve.

If you are truly eating a good diet, and you are very healthy, the sugars found in fruit will not affect you adversely. However, if you find that eating fruit makes you feel spacey or raises your blood sugar or gives you a sugar crash, then neither your health nor your diet are as good as you might think they are.

I get over 90% of my calories from fruit. My first meal of the day might be 5 to 7 pounds of watermelon (which I eat at 1pm). For dinner, I eat a first course of fruit (watermelon often, though tonight it was nectarines), followed by a 2nd course of salad, or most recently I've been eating a lot of freshly picked corn.

Date: August 29, 2007 12:38PM

Yeah...what they said and then some!!!

If you think your clean or you eat a good diet then think again...

If your feeling out of whack, spacey, etc then you have way more cleansing to do!

F1

Posted by: minou33 ()
Date: August 31, 2007 11:01PM

Berries are very low in sugar. Acai, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries...they're are all great in smoothies and low in sugar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables