Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juice in Polycarbonate water bottles
Posted by: ezrac3isb ()
Date: August 29, 2007 12:04AM

Polycarbonate is a high quality plastic that is used to make water bottles because it prevents the leeching of chemicals into your drinking water. I read that there is a slight risk of Bisphenol-A exposure after the bottles are worn out through dishwashing, heavy use, or exposed to alkaline substances. What I'm wondering is, can I store green juices in this water bottle? Is the alkalinity level of a green juice low enough that the plastic will remain resistant?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juice in Polycarbonate water bottles
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: August 29, 2007 12:24AM

What kind of juicer? only the norwalk remains vital for multiple days I believe. I've never owned a greenstar but I hear you can keep those for a bit if you put it in the fridge immediately. I recommend storing in glass (no problem washing these), but I don't have an answer exactly to your question but I think juices are alkaline forming which is a bit different then in substance.

it could be your thoughts...

[www.writerwriterwriter.com]
[www.lulu.com]

short and sweet....and DEEP

_____________________________________________________ ...and FREE

Re: Juice in Polycarbonate water bottles
Posted by: ezrac3isb ()
Date: August 29, 2007 04:52AM

Hi Anaken, I'm mixing smoothies in the vitamix and occasionally put the contents into a nutbag to extract pure juice.

So there is a difference between "alkaline forming" and "alkaline in composition", and green smoothies/juices fall into the former category? Can anyone confirm this?

I have heard that vitamix oxidizes your juice quickly due to fast rpm.. Would oxidization affect the "alkaline composition" of a juice?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables