Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Blue Eyes?
Posted by: nannie11 ()
Date: August 29, 2007 02:01PM

I have been working on being raw going on two months and I feel so good and have

lost 11lbs so far and have dropped two sizes in my clothes. My skin looks so

healthy and have had people tell me how good I look. Lately I thought I was

seeing things as I looked into the mirror, my eyes which are normally hazel all

my life seem to be turning blue. I didn't say anything to anyone but yesterday

at my grandson's birthday party, I was talking with my daughter and all of a

sudden she said turn around and looked at me strangely and then said your eyes

are blue, are you wearing colored contacts? I laughed and said no I do not wear

contacts and yes I had noticed it too. She or I couldn't believe the change but

I love it. Also, I swear the whites are getting whiter. This is unbelievable

but I am totally sold I this life style. My daughter is trying to change too and

this morning my husband actually asked for a glass of my greenie breakfast

drink. I never thought I would live long enough to see my husband start to get

interested in this life style. I do not nag him about this, I think he is just

seeing how I have changed in such a short time and my temperment has really

mellowed since I have been changing my SAD to raw food.

"Dream as if you'll live forever,...Live as if you'll die today"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blue Eyes?
Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: August 29, 2007 02:15PM

wow! smiling smiley also, it's so great your family are supporting you, and being inspired to go raw themselves. Yay!!! well done!

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 29, 2007 10:42PM

N, Congrats! Yes, as I've commented before, blue or green eyes (blue eyes with fatty deposits) are supposed to be the eye color if one is eating a raw-vegan, mucusless diet. You've gotten there sooner winking smiley Therese

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: August 29, 2007 10:54PM

Far out.. great story grinning smiley

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 30, 2007 12:10AM

I would love to see the before and after photos!

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: azrael ()
Date: August 30, 2007 12:23AM

wow! congratulations! I'm on month three and am beginning to feel the vibrancy too. Have fun with your continual transformation.

Posted by: Lejla ()
Date: August 30, 2007 02:16AM

Your story is so inspirational! Change in the eye color in such a short time on raw! That looks like express cleansing. You doing great.
I`m just wandering about the respond, sent by Life 101. Is blue eyes the final, "clean body eye color" on raw vegan, mucusless diet for everyone? That sounds good, but how about Asians or African people?

Posted by: bluelight ()
Date: August 30, 2007 03:52AM

My skin color actually changed when I put on alot of weight recently and was eating really unhealthy. Although I always wanted a dark or olive complexion, my skin was always pale white. Suddenly I noticed my face breaking out and all over I swear I had an olive complexion as if I were tanning in Spain or something and I never tan just burn. Nobody around me noone believed me. my friends and boyfriend kept saying that was nuts and I looked the same, but to me it was super obvious and like 2 days after talking to them about it I walked into a dress store, picked up a dress and the lady said "oh no, we have something much better for your OLIVE COMPLEXION". She then went on and on about it. I never had it before and for sure no one ever commented about having an olive tone, perhaps b/c I didn't have one. Since then i just decided this must be my new, older lady skin color, until I did raw for just like 10 days and I noticed my skin losing the olive tone and becoming pale white again. Very weird.

I don't know a/b hazel eyes, but the most fatty deposit behind the eye makes a green eye, some fatty deposit makes a blue eye and no/ little? fatty deposit makes a brown eye. I remember this from high school bio class, though my teacher was a real dumbass lol, so this may be wrong.

Date: August 30, 2007 04:40AM

Lejla, According to the studies done by Dr. John Ray, all people's eyes went to blue or green on fresh and raw. My eyes are turning blue and I'm Asian.

Posted by: Ashcat ()
Date: August 30, 2007 06:39AM

Wait, seriously? How long does it usually take? Last time I was raw (this is a second attempt) I was 100% for six months, and while my whites definitly got whiter (strangers would comment!), I didn't see any color change. I've been a brown-eyed girl all my life.

Is the effect that of a low-fat raw diet (i.e. 80-10-10) or any raw diet? I do eat a fair amount of avocado, seeds, olives, nuts, etc (or else I lose too much weight. Poor me, I know).

Date: August 30, 2007 08:20AM

Yeah Life.. Could you please give us an idea of what your diet was like ?

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 30, 2007 02:05PM

I always understood that the only two natural iris colours were blue and brown.

Mine changed from blue to green over the years as I became less healthy, now they're changing back - slowly.

Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: August 30, 2007 08:54PM

my eyes went from dark brown hazel 2 now green
i dropped 30 pounds
i no longer have acne except for the occasional stress pimple and my acne scars are fading
my skin is darker

raw will change your life

Posted by: nannie11 ()
Date: August 30, 2007 10:00PM

It is amazing that so many have experienced so many changes in there skin, eyes

and dispostion. I try not to get on a soap box and rave about how wonderful this

raw life style is but you just want to scream out loud to everyone how you too

can change your life in such a short period of time.

Lighform, you asked what my diet was? Here is somewhat what I eat dailey.

Breakfast: I juice,/or blend Romaine, Kelp, small piece of lemon, 2 apples and baby
spinach if I have it.

Mid- Morning 2 bananas, or a peach or pear

Lunch: Cucumbers and Tomatoes

Mid Afternoon, I juice 5 carrots, 2 apples , Celry and small piece of lemon

Dinner: Soup, salad, or zuccini pasta/ with olive oil and garlic and a salad

Snack 3 dates with pecan inside or

Chocolate cream pie or

raw ice cream

I do eat alot of tomatos and cucumbers because they are in season now and are just great. Also, I eat alot of grapes.

I have never been fond of lettace or kale or other dk green leafy vegies but I

have learned to like them and now actualy enjoy eating them. I am a firm

believer that you can learn to like anything if you keep trying it and give it a

chance. If it means better health and living longer it is worth it.

"Dream as if you will live forever....Live as if you'll die today"

Date: August 30, 2007 10:47PM

Thanks nannie, I was asking Life101 but your input is great also.

Posted by: Lejla ()
Date: August 30, 2007 10:51PM

Thanks Life 101. Your experience is very interesting. I have to check out this Dr. Ray study. Actually I have one of the darkest iris color one could possibly have I think, and I am OK with, either going to change or not. If my body gets cleaner I am happy already, but if some iris color change goes along with the process, heck, why not? It is funsmiling smiley Looking forward to it.
Does anyone have some before -after photos?
Lejla

Date: August 31, 2007 03:35AM

Lightform, I did fast and cleanses, and parasite zapping. After an initial euphoria of 100% SAD to 100% raw vegan-muculess, I toned it down to vegetarianism - raw. I then made it raw vegan with some cooked veggies. I'm still adjusting. My eyes have not completely gone blue but the blue on the scurf rim, the outside edges and when the light hits it, it shines bright blue. Otherwise, they started a medium-light brown, then went tawny with a hint of dark blue on the edge turning lighter, then to a tan color with a brillant blue on the edge. Someone about 1.5 years ago said it looked like the blue of the ocean. Because I have hooded eyelids, my eyes appear darker unless the light is shining in the eye. I'm going on one more 10-day fast for certain this year (1Sep) and after that, I will give up cooking food outside of dehydrating and lightly warming for soups, etc. Awww. Anyhow, I'm seeing that my body rejects cooked food more and more and I have to make that last jump.

I've heard that it can take 18 months to 3 years for a complete color change when raw vegan. I've seen the blue get wider when I eat more raw vegan and shrink when I eat more cooked. I have to stop playing around and get serious. I was 100% raw vegan a couple of months ago but I fell into the trap that I missed some of my familiar foods. I guess it's like baked pizza -- fond memories of happy times and a burst of flavors but something that I have to forgo in order to be truly vibrant.

Fuzzy, That's so awesome. I did see your photo in the pictures thread and you look so great. Hope your trip to OH was good and not as traumatic as you worried.

Therese

Date: August 31, 2007 04:22AM

Thanks Life, real inspiring stuff.
It makes sence to me that eye colour will change because I am aware that the patterns within them reflect every aspect of our bodies health.

I feel that eye colour changing has got to be one of the strongest indicators of physical purification after loosing symptoms of ill health. Also from what I've read on here it sounds like the quickest way that this happens is from fasts / juice fasts.

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: August 31, 2007 09:47AM

What is a muculess diet???

Posted by: rawallison ()
Date: September 01, 2007 06:26PM

People seem to really want blue eyes. I'm African American so I don't think about that stuff. My eyes were dark brown when I was 100% raw last year, and I expect they will always be dark brown as I get back to raw this year. I would love for the whites to get whiter because there are spots on them, but other than that, beautiful brown eyes work for me!

<><><><><><>
Eating raw is a challenge for me, but it's the healthiest lifestyle I know.
See you at Raw Odyssey!
[blog.rawodyssey.com]

Date: September 01, 2007 06:37PM

VeganLife, Read Arnold Ehret's "The Mucusless Diet Healing System". It addresses the need for an alkaline diet. Mucus is caused by eating acidic, i.e. mucus-forming, foods. Mucusless is caused by eating alkaline foods. While the book is not purely raw, it does address reasons to become so.

rawallison, Glad you're happy with your eyes. I did not purposely become raw to have blue eyes. It is an event that is occurring while a I pursue optimal health.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: September 01, 2007 09:00PM

I didnt think my eyes had changed at all, but kept inspecting them and alas they have.

myself am mixed- cantonese,welsh, cuban,puerto rican and jamaican. Always had nearly black eyes, now they are changing, first a caramel brown colour..now hazel.. much to my astonishment!..who knows what colour they will be next month! lol

Date: September 01, 2007 09:17PM

rawallison Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> People seem to really want blue eyes. I'm African
> American so I don't think about that stuff. My
> eyes were dark brown when I was 100% raw last
> year, and I expect they will always be dark brown
> as I get back to raw this year. I would love for
> the whites to get whiter because there are spots
> on them, but other than that, beautiful brown eyes
> work for me!

Do they want blue eyes or just a change from their usual colour?

Brown eyes are beautiful to me too and I understand they are one of the two natural colours.

A naturopath told me my son's brown eyes should be blue......never really believed this because I had read so long ago that only blue and brown were the true iris colours.

I'm interested to see the 'only green and brown' theory.

Brown seems so natural because our skin becomes darker in relation to the amount of the sun we're exposed to, in order to protect us from overexposure, so it seems possible that iris colour could offer the same type of protection.

Posted by: tasha2003 ()
Date: September 02, 2007 04:19PM

Rawdanceruk-

Hello!

Im mix too- Jamaican, indidan/blk

I am amazed at your post. What raw food diet protocol did you follow to receieve wonderful results?

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: September 04, 2007 10:48AM

Thank you life101!

Date: September 04, 2007 01:56PM

aquadecoco Wrote:

> I'm interested to see the 'only green and brown'
> theory.

Argh, I meant 'only green and BLUE'

life101, do you have a link for that study? I've been curious about iris colour for years.

Posted by: Cukes ()
Date: September 05, 2007 02:46PM

Rawallison said: "People seem to really want blue eyes. I'm African American so I don't think about that stuff. My eyes were dark brown when I was 100% raw last year, and I expect they will always be dark brown as I get back to raw this year. I would love for the whites to get whiter because there are spots on them, but other than that, beautiful brown eyes work for me!"

I feel very similar. I'm of eastern european descent and I have light brown eyes. My siblings, and father and extended family all have these amazing dark brown eyes that I always coveted. (However my moms eyes are as bright blue as the sky.) I actually looked into getting dark brown contacts when I was younger but surprise surprise they don't make them!!! Call me vain, but if my eyes turned blue on a vegan diet I'd be a little sad as I've always wanted them darker not lighter.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: September 06, 2007 07:26AM

I'm happy I have blue eyes, but I love my sweeties beautiful brown eyes..., and would never want his eyes to turn blue.

Iridology is fascinating, and I'm sure that as the body heals & purifies, the eyes have to change, too. Logic. I don't think blue eyes are the gold standard for purity, tho. Maybe the white of the eyes getting clearer & whiter... unless you live in smog, have allergies, enviromental stress, ect.

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: September 06, 2007 07:37AM

does anyone know why it's believed our eyes should be the colour blue in particular as a sign of best health? I mean, in evolution, at what point are they saying our eyes went from brown to blue, or were our ape ancestors blue-eyed? i'm confused tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 06, 2007 01:34PM

primates have brown eyes, no?

my children and i were all born with brown eyes. my eye colour did not change at all over the long period of time i was 100% raw, nor did they change when i went back to all cooked, or when i found the balance of the two that works best for me.

perhaps this is something that happens for some but not for all. perhaps it's truer of children born with blue eyes that later change. it's a mystery.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables