Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

monoeating & apples
Posted by: shaine ()
Date: August 31, 2007 01:28AM

I just did a mono day of apples. But I ate several varieties (red delicious, gala, fuji, granny smith, pippin) throughout the day.

My question is, should I to stick to the same TYPE of apple if I were to do this again?

Interestingly, I wasn't as hungry as I normally get when I mix foods.

it seems to me that a lot of people do mono with bananas--are they especially good for mono eating? or just cheap? or is it that people particularly enjoy bananas? I'm not the biggest fan.

Anything you want to tell me about mono eating, or links to good advice/articles would be excellent.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: monoeating & apples
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 31, 2007 02:48AM

I love mono-eating too. I reject a rule-based approach to eating and follow my instincts instead. The rule that I do follow is "eat what you love"! I tend to eat the most delcicous foods that I can find around in season. So, currently (I am living in down under) I enjoy eating oranges, strawberries, kiwi, papaya, for example. I love bananas too, but I prefer juicy stuff. Today I have bananas on the menu, because my husband went and got a good deal, and bought tree boxes instead of the ususal one, and so we are having a banana bonanza.

By the way, my son is into apples too.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: August 31, 2007 01:47PM

Don't think it's a big deal to mix apple types myself.
Mono eating generally involves one type of fruit eaten till full or satisfied at one meal. Greens or lettuce along with it is accepted by most, but not all, and still considered mono.

Anything more starts to complicate it.

Gosia put it best I think - "I reject a rule-based approach to eating and follow my instincts instead".

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: August 31, 2007 02:31PM

I have a serious craving for dates the last couple of weeks and have been monoing on them.

david

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 31, 2007 10:26PM

Opinion (mixed in with some fact!):

-I have just mono-eaten (just fruit) for many years. I find it has worked best for me to stick to one batch/variety of a given fruit per sitting. If eating more than one variety works for you - I say go for it!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: macfly ()
Date: August 31, 2007 11:08PM

Nothing more special about bananas than about any other fruit. I think they are popular because

1) They're available year-round pretty much anywhere in the [industrialized] world.
2) They're usually inexpensive, especially if purchased by the case.
3) Most everyone knows how to identify a banana!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2007 11:08PM by macfly.

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: August 31, 2007 11:22PM

thanks for all this.

fuji apples it is!

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables