Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

3 day juice fast..want to join me?!
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 02, 2007 12:05AM

Starting Sunday I'm going to do a fruit juice fast and end it on Wed. morning. Then on Wed thru Fri I'm going to do strictly a fruit diet, and on Sat. I'll add in some greens in my fruits smoothies. After that..I don't know..I'm hoping to stay raw on my trip to Oregon..and I leave next Sunday.

If anyone wants to join me for a 3 day juice fast either fruits, veggies or a combo..please do! I'd love the support and share the experience.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 3 day juice fast..want to join me?!
Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: September 02, 2007 12:35AM

Actually, I was already planning on starting a juice fast tomorrow =) I had oral surgery this week and have been on painkillers and antibiotics and also have eaten a small amount of bread (to settle my tummy). Not to mention have NO physical activity. I feel @#$%&. So I'm in! Cleanse all this stuff out! What kind of juice? I was thinking fresh orange, although some people say thats a bad idea...

Date: September 02, 2007 01:06AM

I think fresh oj is really good for you as a cleanse and fast. I have 3 grapefruits for breakfast and will use those first. I can go to a neighbor and get some juicing oranges right off his tree..and they are very good, really sweet and juicy.

I wonder how many oranges it takes to make a gallon of juice. It took about 6 or 7 oranges to make a large mug of oj, so about 16 oz. if I recall. I need to make 128 oz. apporx. for each day, So, I guess I would need about 56 oranges for one day! That's a lot of oranges.

I also thought on the 3rd day, I'd like to do pineapple jucie, because it's supposed to be very cleansing. It's so sweet though..so maybe that for part of a day, then grapefruit and oranges again.

Love,
Prism

Date: September 02, 2007 02:02AM

Okay awsome. I'll post on this thread tomorrow morning and then throughout the whole fast to check in! Let me know how you are doing too.

Posted by: teloking57 ()
Date: September 02, 2007 02:32AM

Count me in if it's okay if I do a wheatgrass juice fast!

I've been trying to get up the courage to begin a fast and each day I think about it, well, I just never get it done.

I'm thinking I need some support on this one.

What are you going to Oregon for?

Wheatgrass, it does a body good!!!

Date: September 02, 2007 03:57AM

Oooh I wish I head a wheatgrass juicer I'd be right there with ya!

Date: September 02, 2007 03:39PM

Everyone is welcome for the next 3 days..any juice or just water is ok for the fast.

I just had my lovely 3 grapefruits as juice..very refreshing! I'm going to pop in on my neighbor today to see if I can get 50 juice oranges from his tree. So, I plan on drinking just oj for the rest of today.

I think I'll have grapefruits for my second day, and maybe pineapple which is supposed to be very cleansing for your colon. I don't know about the 3rd day yet.

I'm going to Oregon because my oldest son has an empty house there, it's way cheaper than renting this house in Oceanside, Ca. and I can't pass up the deal. It will be less stress in making bills, raw foods grocery list, and much else. It's a very nice 3 bedroom house, and I can do childcare there as I do here. Portland has tons of cool whole food stores, a people's co-op, and I'm hoping they still have the raw food pot-luck that Mike runs. The other thing I like is the grocery stores will give you a taste of any fruits and veggies in the produce section before you buy..here in Ca. it's illegal they say to do that, hence I get some terrible watermelons sometimes.

Love,
Prism

Date: September 02, 2007 06:32PM

I went to the store and got myself a huge bag of oranges this morning. Juiced up my first glass and I feel great! Definately looking forward to the next few days.

Date: September 02, 2007 08:02PM

I just got back from shopping too, and I got 3 bags of grapefruits, so I think I'll stick with that for today, oj for tomorrow..and maybe oj again for the 3rd day. It's a perfect time to juice oranges, since they are in season.

I thought about doing watermelon juice, but it's not my favorite, and I hate to not be able to eat the whole watermelon if it's really a good onesmiling smiley

How much juice do you consume for the day do you think? I am going to have to drink water also, because I could probably drink too much juice. Is there such a thing as too much juice for a fast?

Love,
Prism

Date: September 02, 2007 09:52PM

Oh how I envy you moving to Oregon! Good luck in your new life!

I just had a nice double shot of luscious green wheatgrass juice!
I was thinking of getting the big juicer out and some veggie juices later in the week. I'm sort of kick starting high raw again and I want to go longer than 3 days.

Date: September 03, 2007 12:34AM

Thanks Teloking!

I'm also hoping this kick starts a high raw diet or maybe a very close 100% raw diet.

It's 5:30 pm here, and I'm not hungry, just enjoying the fresh chilled grapefruit juice. It's an easy day with it being a day off..and I'm going to really enjoy tomorrow too! I was thinking of making my 3rd day all green apple juice.

Right now, I feel like I can do the whole 3 days, but I don't like going to bed hungry at all, so that might be the biggest hurdle.

Love,
Prism

Date: September 03, 2007 10:51AM

it's 5:30 am and I just got back from one job. I feel like staying up for a bit. If I have wheatgrass juice now, I'll be up for the rest of the day and I dont' want to do that, then I will be exhausted tonight.

I think I'll just down a bunch of water and hope that does the trick for now.

I don't think you can have too much juice. But because the fruit juice has so much sugar in it, I would make sure to drink plenty of water as well. I'm glad too that I have the extra day off from my full time job. I always need extra rest when I start any kind of fast.

I am going to listen to my alpha flight tape now for some meditation time and then hopefully I'll be ready for a few hours sleep. Have a "juicy" day! smiling smiley

Date: September 03, 2007 02:24PM

Wow..wheatgrass juice gives you that much energy? I've taken it before, and I don't think it did that for me.

Today is the 2nd day of our 3 day fast, and I'm going to go with the grapefruit and orange jucies today. I'm still undecided about tomorrow..maybe when I shop for the apples I'll get a feeling if it should be apples, or pineapple, or the grapefruits, and oj. I'm really loving the grapefruit juice though!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 03, 2007 04:55PM

hey, do you think i can fast while i'm breastfeeding? i mean heavy juicing for a day or so should be alright dontcha think? no (or little) detox if i add a little pulp to the juice maybe or some efa's.

opinions.....?

Date: September 03, 2007 05:15PM

I don't know about fasting when you are breastfeeding, you'd have to do some research on that.

You might try juicing and when you get hungry add in a smoothie with whatever you feel like. I would think 1 day would be ok, as long as you stay hydrated and don't push it, if you feel you need to eat somthing then do that.

Depending on what age your child is might be a factor. I breastfed my son for 2 and 1/2 years, so as an infant I don't think fasting would be good, but when he's on the breast only once or twice a day, then I'd say go for it.

Love,
Prism

Date: September 03, 2007 06:39PM

hey coco, congrats on the new little one!

Breast Feeding
During Detoxification?

Excerpt from
FASTING TO FREEDOM

Freedomyou has received numerous questions from from mother's who want to juice fast while their infants are breast feeding.
There are two main concerns that need to be addressed.

Will the baby be hurt by the increased release of toxins?
Fasting increases toxins in the mothers milk. To what amount we do not know. There is no research on toxin release into mother's milk during a fast. What we do know is that traces of antibiotics, steroids and other milk production enhancing drugs are found in cow's milk. Whatever is in the blood ends up in the milk in trace amount. A good reason not to feed babies cow's milk instead of breast milk.

The filtering organs do a wonderful job and most of the toxins end are passed from the body but a certain amount will enter the milk. It that enough to harm a baby? During water fasting, the body is dumping toxins at the quickest rate possible. During juice fasting the rate is much slower. And if you drink lots of juice and even supplement the juice with some mango slices or banana the amount of toxins being released will be small especially if you have fasted before.

Is the baby getting enough nutrients?
The healing that occurs during a juice fast is due to the combination of cleansing and the body being flooded with nutrients and living enzymes. It is possible to get a balanced full range of nutrients during a juice fast by adding a few tablespoons of essential oils to the veggie juice mixtures. (Udo's Choice found in health food store) For a high quality protein, blend a handful of almonds into a nut milk. Now you have a system for maximum nutrition and minimum toxin release for breast feeding a baby.

I hope this info helps.

Prism, I never thought the wg juice gave me energy like that either until I mistakenly took some close to bedtime once. I was up all night, I could not sleep. I suppose I never noticed it during the daytime because I was always working.

I'm up for the day now and had my 2 shots and I'll probably have 2 more in about an hour or so.

I do miss not having my goji berries!!!!
I was thinking of hydrating them and then juicing them. Any thoughts?

Date: September 04, 2007 01:38PM

This is the 3rd day of our juice fast. I am going to do juice as long into the day as I can, but I'm working today, so I might have a fruit smoothie at slump (3pm) time if I feel I need it.

Today is more grapefruit and orange juices. It's so hot that those seem most refreshing to me, that and cold water.

I'm losing some weight, probably water weight! I've had sweat pour off of me because of the heat. I'm hoping today is cooler, even just a couple degrees..I'll take anything.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 04, 2007 02:24PM

hey girls, thanks for the advice. i've been mostly dry fasting all morning for the whole summer so juice fasting that long and probably over lunch should be fine for me. littlest was born end of june and i'm feeling and looking fine so far so whatever i'm doing must be working right?
maybe i'll post her birth story in the OT, right there in the bathroom at the cottage yo, little was there loving every minute. that kid is amazing.

anyhoo, good luck with your fast, the heat and everythang.

xo.

Date: September 05, 2007 12:52AM

I had a great day at work today. I was very busy all day so the day went quickly and easily. I had my 2 shots of wg juice this morning and water all day.

I'm going to get to bed now, and hope to sleep!
I've lost a few pounds too. That's always good! hahahhahah

Yes coco, please post your birthing experience, I'd love to hear it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables