Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Any advice for allergies?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 20, 2006 04:26PM

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I am suffering from terrible allergies to the tree pollen....any suggestions? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any advice for allergies?
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: April 20, 2006 05:39PM

hi bud
are you raw yet? many find their allergies (to whatever) diminish as they eat more raw foods. I used to have (mild) asthma which has now completely disappeared since going raw, and other random little allergies (hayfeverishness, dust etc) which have also gone.

good luck x

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 20, 2006 08:31PM

Hi Lisa,
I have to admit I am not 100% raw...it's pretty new to me, I'm just checking it out....I do try to be vegetarian though. With these allergies, I've been more raw, having fruit for breakfast, salad with raw vegies, nuts, and avocado for lunch......probably just vegies for dinner tonight. But maybe it's too late, as I am pretty miserable and having to do drugs in order to perform at work.
Thanks for responding!

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: April 20, 2006 11:10PM

All my alergies dissapear when I go 100% raw.

See this thred for more info:
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: April 26, 2014 12:04AM

I gave up wheat and milk, and my allergies went away, and I don't take a benadryl every night any more. I live in Georgia.

Posted by: mattscr ()
Date: May 04, 2014 10:20PM

I cured my allergies about 10 years ago when I started to eat really healthy. I eat about 70% raw food, but also practice calorie restriction for the same amount of time. Look for foods high in quercetin; it's a naturally flavonol found mostly in red onion, and the skin of apples. If you combine with bromelain (an enzyme found in pineapples), it increases the bioavailability and enhances its effect. Taking a quercetin supplement would be a lot stronger than getting it from diet, though. It is basically a powerful anti-inflammatory compound and blocks the release of histamine. Green tea is very good. And shiitake mushroom are contain beta-glucans which balance out the immune system.

When eating healthy, it can take a while before the immune system adjusts... There's plenty of other things you can do! grinning smiley

Posted by: ramanan ()
Date: May 07, 2014 03:54AM

Thanks Mattscr, For joining this forum, we are happy to have a young person here with vibrant scientific health information, Sproutarian man, Suez, Jtprindl, Panchito, IofStorm, John Rose etc., speak true science and Sproutarian man & Jtprindl speak science in depth like you, please be in this forum and post as much as possible, few may attack you personally instead of your points , please forgive them and keep posting, we can all grow together .

Would fermenting pineapple juice and red onion juice help assimilation of quercetin?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables