Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What was wrong with the thread "Vegans are you ever concerned about parasitosis? "
Posted by: ErikSkulasonUSA ()
Date: September 12, 2007 08:25AM

Its gone.

Posted on September 01, lots of interesting comments, I even wanted to continue the thread with some conclusions.

Maybe the admin knows something?

This is the way the posts meant to help people to be aware of some things are deleted?
It was not anti raw or anti vegetarian, just a chat and some decent opinions, nothing more.

I don't know what really happened with that thread - I can find it if I search using my forum ID - and it is shown as being posted first at 09/01, but when I go and browse the threads posted around the above mentioned date, my thread is not shown.

If the thread ws deleted or moved I would like an explanation.
I'm dissapointed.

Thank you in advance.

Pls. excuse my English - foreigner.

=============================================================
Medicine, Food Industry and Commerce are businesses.
Is their goal to make/keep me healthy or to make more profit?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What was wrong with the thread "Vegans are you ever concerned about parasitosis? "
Posted by: Suzie ()
Date: September 12, 2007 08:38AM

It's on page 2 now... here's the link.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Re: What was wrong with the thread "Vegans are you ever concerned about parasitosis? "
Date: September 12, 2007 06:14PM

Suzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's on page 2 now... here's the link.
>
> [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

I don't understand what happened: it was removed and brought back on my request or my Internet Explorer cache kept the old pages?

Thank you.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 13, 2007 02:08AM

the front page only holds so many posts. when a reply is made it bumps the post back to the top. after a while and few replies it drops off the page onto page 2, eventually page 3, then page 4 etc. no one moved it, it just hasn't been responded to in a while and other posts have been made.

Posted by: frances ()
Date: September 13, 2007 03:17PM

Erik- You were looking on the main list for September 1st, when you began the thread, but it is actually listed under the date of the last comment in the thread - not the first. Since you'd have to know when the last comment was made it can be hard to find threads on the list unless the conversation is still active. It's better to search for it. If you have something to add to the conversation say it, and the thread will be promoted back to the top of page one so everyone can see the update.

Date: September 13, 2007 05:30PM

What I did was this:

I checked all the threads from the last 6 pages, until I reached into an area with posts older than the one I started - and I still could not find the title I was looking for.

At that time, I was able to find the thread only searching for posts (using my forum ID as key-word) and I stress: my post did not show when I was checking all the messages from the newest ones to the oldest ones. I tried about 4 times, 'cause I could not believe that the thread containing so much valuable info was deleted.

If use (for posting) a laptop with Linux Operating System - because has free software (free, not costing up to $600 - like the Microsoft's Office) and browser with spelling checker - and I had no probems at all this way.

When I could not find the thread I was looking for, I used a different laptop having Microsoft Vista as O.S. and the "Temporary Internet files" setting of the Internet Explorer were "Check for newer versions of stored (Web) pages" on "Automatically", now I changed to be checked to "Every time I visit the webpage".

Maybe this is why I could not find the thread I posted under Linux, because I was browsing the old forum pages stored (cached) locally as temporary files - on my harddrive, I was not actually going out on Internet to see the new/updated pages.

This might be a technical explanation of what was happening.

Sorry for my suspicion, but this is the way I am :-)

I wish I had much more time to post what I want :-(

Great people on this Forum and lots of valuable information and good experience exchange - nice discussions.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 14, 2007 05:48AM

Anyone who has a PC ought to use Linux over Microsoft. I bought a new Emachines with Vista on it, and it is so slow. But Linux (I'm using Linux Mint) runs like a champ on it. Plus, the base install of Linux Mint can watch DVDs, downloaded internet movies, and like Erik mentioned, you can get a free office suite. Plus Linux, like MacOS, doesn't have the anti-virus and adware/spyware problem that Windows has in abundance.

I wonder if Erik's problem is because the browser had a too agressive document caching scheme. Were you running Firefox? I use it on Linux, and it doesn't seem to have this problem (but I have high speed internet).

Date: September 15, 2007 02:44AM

Bryan Wrote:
> Anyone who has a PC ought to use Linux over
> Microsoft.
> [...]
> I wonder if Erik's problem is because the browser
> had a too agressive document caching scheme. Were
> you running Firefox? I use it on Linux, and it
> doesn't seem to have this problem (but I have high
> speed internet).

I was running the newest RedHat's Fedora (the 64 bytes version) with Firefox on my Acer Ferrari 1000 - and same with you - had no problems browsing and posting on Inet and blessed their free spell checker :-), but frustrated of having basic compatibility (no drivers for sound card, webcam, bluetooth devices) I tried to install a different Linux distro, hoping that I will get more from my $2300 laptop.
I just removed the Fedora and I am in process of installing maybe the distro you mentioned.

The problem I complained was under Vista (the default OS - running on the same (dual boot) laptop, with the M$'s IE configured to check and refresh the stored pages "Automatically". The result was the one I seen - even I have broadband Inet connection.

What I learned (again) was to set up whatever browser I use for Inet, to refresh the stored pages EVERY TIME I VISIT the web page. I had this problem before and I forgot about this detail of configuration.

(Man, I need so bad the spelling checker - now everybody will see my "real English" ;-( Amazing how a SpellChecker it makes me look a little smarter) - but, I know... I will blame my keyboard! Yeah

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2007 02:53AM by ErikSkulasonUSA.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 15, 2007 02:52AM

That's funny Erik! But your English is very good.

OT - Off Topic
Date: September 15, 2007 03:21AM

Bryan Wrote:
> Anyone who has a PC ought to use Linux over
> Microsoft.

Agree with you, even I grew up under the Micro$oft's software and I am an ignorant under Linux of any distro.

With the value of the free software available with any distro of Linux, I would say that one can buy one more good computer (with the money saved not having to buy additional software).

If I would be a Linux/programmer and computer(Internet) security guru, I will not spend a dime 4 software/hardware compatible w. Micro$oft made software.
With the lack of knowledge about Linux and significant investment in hardware and software running under Microsoft made OSs - I have 2 use both.

I agree Linux is faster (especially in sending/receiving data over TCP/IP (Internet)

Great guys those involved in developing open source software - the same like the ones sharing their experience in raw - here in this Forum.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables